KK42 - Unknow space in guest stateroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Selidster

Vessel Name
Lemonade
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 - 016
Wondering whats in the space above the small storage area furthest rear starboard side of the guest stateroom? I see one 2" hose dropping down, thats all, with no access.

While I'm asking, the galley drawers are very short. I have heard they can be made more useful be making them longer but there is a barrier at the back of the drawer area next to the oven. Wondering whats behind that barrier?

Thanks in advance
Scott

That's where you store your insane mother-in-law.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Not too sure about the "insane" part. YOU married her daughter, after all.

My wife's mother-in-law is insane. I definitely concur with that. My own sanity is also open to question. As is my wife's for marrying me. Lot of crazy going 'round these days.

Glad to be welcomed in by the famous Rufus T Firefly. BTW, aren't you not supposed to be in a club that would accept you as a member? :D

We have KK 42 # 41 and that hose coming down is the stbd water tank fill. We have shelves with a door just forward of the galley stove and below that is cupboard with shelves in the guest cabin.

If I am understanding you correctly, you have drawers next to the stove that pull out toward the top of the stove. They were probably kept short to minimize fire hazard over the stove. Maybe you should remove the drawers and put in shelves for coffee cups and drink glasses.

Cheers

The area forward of stove..drawers are short for air ducting into ER

As far as stateroom. Thats the deck, beneath the outside side deck steps

Thank you all for responding. Yes the Mother-in-law is crazy. But 2500 miles away so no issues.

Thank you Scott for the info. I kinda knew you would know. I read your refit several times. Guru for sure.

Saved me some headaches figuring it out.

On the hard till March doing projects before the loop. Ill have more questions I'm sure.

THANKS AGAIN

Scott beat me to it. There is also a matching ventilation space for the ER on the port side, behind the electrical panel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom