KK Justification of High Price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn’t list things down, but roughly...

The KK was a twin with thruster. Asymmetric deckhouse. It was quite lively just tied up in its slip.

The NH was way over equipped IMO. Single with 100hp wing. Stern and bow thrusters. Hydraulic stabilizers installed because the TWO Seakeeper gyrostabilizers were reportedly really poor in performance. Much bigger and heavier boat. About half the motion in its slip (they were berthed side by side). As a negative, the hydraulics were all powered by the wing. No electric pump as well, so if your wing goes down then so do the windlass and thrusters.

There are Pros and cons for both boats. There’s a big difference in that extra 10 feet, at a lower price.

I contacted someone who was at the show. He is pretty sure that the NH was a few years old and a brokerage boat while the KK was the cost for a new 2020 model. I agree that the NH had quite a few additional systems, but comparing the 2 isn't really "apples to apples" in my opinion.

Jeremiah

If they were years apart then that would make sense for the price difference.

I contacted someone who was at the show. He is pretty sure that the NH was a few years old and a brokerage boat while the KK was the cost for a new 2020 model. I agree that the NH had quite a few additional systems, but comparing the 2 isn't really "apples to apples" in my opinion.

Jeremiah

Hah! I'd forgotten you got a new boat! :)

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom