KK 50 open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MVTara

Are there any KK 50 open owners out there? Does anyone have experience on KK 50? What are your thoughts on 50 open vs. 58, apart from the size?

A newbie to KK and looking to familiarize myself.

Hopeful

Have you thought about also joining the Krogen forum?

Ted

Krogencruisers

Thanks for the suggestion Ted. Will also try there. But given the diverse experience on TF I was hoping that people here may also have an opinion.

Hopeful

Welcome aboard, sorry no experience with those boats.

I believe that the 50 Open is a pretty new model with only a few in service so far. So experience with that model will be more limited.

Last edited:
Hull 5 was launched last year.

We have been looking at KK 50 open and 58 recently in order to think about buying one.
Visited hull #1 of KK 50 Open, few days back thanks to owners Larry and Janet. They were very helpful and graciously answered all our questions about that design.

We also looked at KK 58 at a recent boat show. 58 is more traditional design. The biggest difference, I found was about living quarters - more light in saloon, because pilot house being on same level as Saloon in 50 open. Build quality appears similar for both. 58 being bigger in size feels roomier. Engine room has lots of headroom. Have no experience of motoring either as we are new to powerboats.

50 open is new and has fewer boats built so far as compared 58. We liked 50 open slightly more.

HRK

KK Yachts open house is on Jan 21-22 in Stuart, FL. with a 52, 58, 48 and others on display. They might find you an open 50 to get aboard nearby.

Back
Top Bottom