Kadey Krogen 42 hull thickness...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got mine on the hard getting sandblasted and epoxied. It's been sitting in the brine for 6 years...thorough hull testing by an expert disclosed several (about 6) "hard" blisters without moisture. These were actually on the keel where the lead ballast is molded in as opposed to the actual hull. These were sanded and faired.... covered from stem to stern with 2 coats of epoxy...good for another 10 years or so. As long as it isn't balsa.....there are a lot of good project boats out there at really great prices.

Kadey Krogen now touts that their hulls are solid fiberglass. At what year did the production change from a cored hull to a solid hull?

Don't know. The advocates for coring state it's a much stronger and lighter hull. As long as Balsa isn't used I wouldn't stress so much. These are known units with years of use.

kadey krogen now touts that their hulls are solid fiberglass. At what year did the production change from a cored hull to a solid hull?

Thank you. That will help me narrow my search, or at least give me a starting point in terms of age. Having done my fair share of hands-on work in the yard, as well as more above-water coring repair than I ever cared to do, I'm a big fan of solid fiberglass hulls.

Kadey Krogen now touts that their hulls are solid fiberglass. At what year did the production change from a cored hull to a solid hull?

The KK42 only stopped coring below the water line. And as far as I know, all hull core material was PVC. My notes indicate that transition was 1993/1994 in the KK42s.

It's pretty easy to determine if a hull is cored or not. You can see the transition in the lower bilge

Back
Top Bottom