Fuel Tank Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

otnot

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Parallel Dimension
Vessel Make
Seasport
I'm interested in purchasing a 1980's Kadey Krogen 42. I was just curious how many of you have had to replace the fuel tanks?

Through hull #65, probably beginning of 1985 I think, the tanks were fiberglass. No need for replacement. Good luck with your search.

I did. Hobo was built in 1987 and hull number 120 if that helps.

We went the full on route with the engine and tanks removed to redo the engine room at the sane time. Others have cut out the old tanks and reinstalled smaller multiple tanks without removing the engine. I know of one that opened the leaking tank and coated it from the inside.

Here's a link to our project:

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s32/krogen-42-fuel-tank-replacement-28204.html

Wow Larry what a beautiful end result of your refit. Scott thanks for the information on what year they began using steel tanks.

Scott last night I took the time to read your complete blog and all I can say is WOW! The refit that you and your wife did was absolutely amazing. I'm a pretty skilled guy but I can honestly say that I wouldn't want to undertake a project of that magnitude at this time in my life. But thanks for sharing it. I learned a lot and I now know of more areas to inspect very carefully on my next purchase.

Thanks, it wasn’t the original plan, but couldn’t find what I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom