Cushion configuration for guest bed in Manatee saloon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gypsygirl

Vessel Name
Willin’
Vessel Make
1984 Kadey Krogen Manatee
We recently purchased an 84 KK Manatee, and I plan to make new cushions for the settee in saloon. The boat is the single stateroom model with a U-shaped settee on the port side. The table opens up and drops down to create a guest bed, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how the cushions are supposed to be arranged to fit the bed area.

It looks like the cushions currently on there may not be the originals, so I’m thinking perhaps they were cut in a different configuration, so they no longer fit to make a bed.

Hoping some of you Manatee owners out there can give me some guidance on this.
Thanks in advance!
Kate

Gypsy Girl IMO the table filler for sleeping is one of those boating dual purpose items to avoid.
But the settee is plenty big if the back cushions are removed for sleeping. :)

Attachments

• 5D41C2F1-EBA4-40DB-A43A-A57577E65EE3.jpg
    5D41C2F1-EBA4-40DB-A43A-A57577E65EE3.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 55
Was honestly wondering if anyone ever uses it for that purpose, but it would be nice to have an extra bed for overnight guests. BTW, your cushions are configured the way I plan to do mine (currently mine are different ... and a PIA for locker access.) Thanks for the photo!

Cushion pics above appear similar to HEY JUDE & we have lowered the table to make a bed equal a queen in width & longer by arranging all the cushions in best pattern. Now that we’ve made the original table movable by adding a heavy base we tend to use it opposite side. To now make a double bed we use a finished plywood insert that fits in the U & rides flush with the short side.

We have a U shaped diner like that where the back cushions cover the lowered table - kind of lumpy, so we purchased a full size inflatable mattress (6" thick - Coleman) that fits nicely on top. Makes it very easy to put sheets on the bed and is very comfortable - or so I've been told. Stores easily under the seats. :thumb:

That’s exactly what the Captain said we should do - just use an air mattress. Good point about it being easy to make the bed up in that case. And — bonus points— we already have one! Still plan to reconfigure the cushions as shown on HiDHo- trying to access the storage means tearing apart the whole settee. Thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom