Bought a Kadey Krogen 54

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Krogen 54

It’s a bit late but congrats. I found it again when it was for sale in Washington last summer. In my opinion you got a great boat. This was my father in-laws boat which he ordered and commissioned new. Lots of great memories around FL, the Bahamas and Mexico but mostly the Bahamas. Enjoy!

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new baby. We will need photos...

It’s a bit late but congrats. I found it again when it was for sale in Washington last summer. In my opinion you got a great boat. This was my father in-laws boat which he ordered and commissioned new. Lots of great memories around FL, the Bahamas and Mexico but mostly the Bahamas. Enjoy!

Whaler, thank you and that's amazing to hear about your connection to her. I'd love to know more about your father-in-law's thoughts when commissioning her. Was he a tall person? Asking as the galley counters are all higher than usual. Also curious about the open middle stateroom/office. He certainly chose well on power plant (CAT 3208NA) and a number of other decisions we really enjoy.

We bought her from a man who purchased her in FL through Kadey Krogen in Stuart. After she spent some time in charter on the east coast he brought her around on her on bottom to the PNW. He told us it was an estate sale so he never got the chance to meet the previous owner. I'm curious if we're the third or possibly four owners.

Feel free to private message me if you have more to share or want an update on what we've been up to with her refit. She's a great boat and we'd love to get her back to the Bahamas and Mexico someday.

new boat

Just came across your post how's the boat coming

So we went all in; sold the house and bought a Kadey Krogen 54 (hull #8). Truly a dream boat for us as we plan our next adventures.

If everything goes as planned we'll close on Nov 1 and take delivery that weekend. The refit begins on Nov 2nd as while she's very sound overall like all boats we have some "must do", "want to do" and "like to do" items.

The plan is to refit for a year while we cruise the PNW getting her ready for a big shakedown cruise to Alaska in 2021. She already came around to the PNW from the East Coast of the US on her own bottom so we're excited to bring her up to modern standards and take her and us farther and further.

Ursaminor good fo hear from you. The boat projects are going well. Still a lot to do but we’re using her as much as possible given COVID restrictions.

I had taken my dog out to play the other morning and stopped by Sunset Hill Park (Seattle) to finish listening to a podcast (and put off going to work). Looking out at Shilshole Bay, a trawler heading toward the marina caught my eye. Even from my unaided view up on top of the bluff I could tell it was a beautiful boat. On a lark I started up the car and zoomed down to the park for a closer look.

Such a gorgeous boat. I figured I'd be able to hunt it down on TF. Sure enough, I was. :)

51040694506_f852dd258b_b_d.jpg

We met up with the owners of a KK54 last year at Cuttyhunk, Ma on the east coast. Immediately fell in love with the boat as it was motoring in to the anchorage. Classic lines. Love the boating life cause time is short.

They are a great boat to travel in and to make your home. We have been custodians of Hull #1 since July 2017 and have been impressed with the build and original design. We are currently maybe 65% through the update and catch up maintenance.
Ursa Major will be heading North again this summer again.

Lovely picture of MV Fortitude a couple posts ago. I am sure Steve will comment too.

Paul

Ursa Major

KK 54.

Fortitude's owners have incredible interior design skills, their salon looks better than found in most land homes. :thumb:

Psst, someone tell Steve his fenders need alignment work. :hide:

bjr, glad you rushed down to shore to get such a nice picture!

Thanks Mabuhay, I'll tell the deck crew to up their game. Misaligned fenders will no longer be tolerated! ;)

bjr, that is indeed our trawler Fortitude. We're hull number 8, the last one.

Back
Top Bottom