Auto Pilot compass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Divealot

Veteran Member
I have a 2000 Kadey Krogen with a Robertson autopilot. I am trying to find the autopilot’s Fluxgate compass to no avail.
It is well hidden!!! Anyone know where it is?

They may or may not be installed in a specific location. The autopilot may have been installed by the dealer or some PO so it could be wherever they thought best. Good luck in your search.

I have a GB but the manual suggest somewhere low in the boat close to centerline and away from electrical panels or engines.
Mine was in the port saloon couch :banghead:

Can you fellow the wires? What about sending a tone though the wire and using a probe?

Find the input wires going to the head unit for the compass then follow back to compass. Look centerline away from metal objects and some sort of a shelf. Thats the best I have for ya.

Installation is specd to be low, as centered as possible and as far away from metal objects as possible. Look in the bilge, usually just forward of engine spaces.

Ken

With a previous boat we had it was in the master stateroom under a built-in chest of drawers.

Find a magnet or chunk if magnetic material but a magnet works better. While at the dock with the pilot on and engaged in the "pilot" mode,walk around the inside of the boat while running the magnet along walls and bulkheads and lowering it into lockers ,bilges etc. When you get close to the fluxgate, you'll hear the pilot motor working.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom