Where does one find a wash down tap?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bongi

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Scatterlings
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42C
My wash down tap on our GB42C has “corroded away”…. where does one find a replacement for this type of tap… or is there a marine version that could work?

Attachments

• A599DF03-63C8-4E5D-980A-68C6458AE40C.jpg
    A599DF03-63C8-4E5D-980A-68C6458AE40C.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 18
I would look for a S/S one, preferably 316. Check Defender, Jamestown Distributers or lots of other marine chandleries.

Any decent hardware store or Home Depot will have that.

Thanks guys…since it’s up near the bow and would be prone to a good dose of spray it feels like a good quality 316 would be ideal. I’ll shop this around a little. Was just wondering if there’s GB parts supply somewhere which might be available too.

My IG had a bronze one, the Integrity has a stainless version. Far from being a marine part it seems boatbuilders use a crude garden tap. A hardware/plumbing supply store would be my first try.

Just do a google search for "stainless hose bibb" or "bronze hose bibb".

Quick search of Defenders web site for washdown faucet found 3 S/S ones. No way would I put anything less than a 316 one. Look what happened to the OEM one.

Perfect thanks.. that looks excellent! Will get that one.

I have used Skandvik faucets in several of our boats and really like them, quality stuff.

Our originals were made by (or at least OEM'd by) Whitecap Industries. I was able to get an exact replacement easily enough. Wouldn't have had to be exact, but this way I could have used the same mounting holes.

We've had Scandvik faucet controls before, they worked well, and it was easy to get replacement parts from them too.

-Chris

I just replaced four of these on my boat, all Scandvik. They have quarter turn which I used for the cockpit and traditional spigots as shown above for the anchor washdown. Very good quality, I doubt I will ever have to service them and they look great.

They have quarter turn...
That right there is motivation for changing some. The ones in our EB47 are stainless but they require multiple turns to fully operate. If/when I have to change them I'm definitely going with the 1/4 turn kind.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom