Volvo or Cummins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Single Engine GBs

The original Grand Banks boats were all single engine, but customers demanded twins. The one I was on was a delivery from Miami to St. Petersburg and was 370 HP. It had a bow thruster run by hydraulic pump which also powered the windlass and stabilizers.

GB 36 Classic with twin Cummins 6BT5.8 210. As above, happy cruise at 8.5 kts. Pristine bottom at WOT it would climb out of the hole and do 15-16 kts. It did not like doing this but it was good for getting out of tight spots.

Interesting to note that the GB46 under discussion in this thread back in 2020 just went under contract in the past month or so.

Interesting to note that the GB46 under discussion in this thread back in 2020 just went under contract in the past month or so.

Yes. I think I saw that boat a few weeks back while browsing although I can't find it on line now. Was really a unique vessel. I think it was sold after I looked at it and the new owner must be done with it already. Would be interesting to know the true story. Maybe the new owner will join the TF and fill us in.

FYI, I did not end up with either Volvo or Cummins engines but CAT's in my Grand Banks. I have been posting ever since.

Back
Top Bottom