Sliding doors on flybridge console

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dspcole

Veteran Member
1987 42C
Does anyone know if these doors are removable? Mine are not sliding easily and I would like to clean everything up.
Thx

Usually you lift them up until the bottom of the door clears the rails on the bottom.

The bottom rail will have a cut in it that the doors slide in.
The upper rail will also have a cut in it that the doors slide in except that cut will be much deeper. Enough to allow lifting of the doors so the door bottom comes out of the cut in the bottom rail.

Failing that then there should be screws holding the rails on secured from the inside of the cowling. Removing those screws should release the rail thus allowing door removal. Take the upper rail off if possible so you don't have to fight the doors as much when reassembling .

Ok. I have tried the lifting and pulling out multiple times so next I will look for those screws. I have been tidying up the electronics over the past few weeks so that space behind the console is becoming like a second home to me. At 6’4”..,,?

This came up on a GB facebook group a little while ago.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/46570814644/posts/10160152681219645

Supposedly the frames come off the face and there's screws underneath. The use of very thin/wide drywall knives was the suggested method to encourage them to loosen without gouging the metal.

Another user took off some of the bottom edge, using an oscillating saw, to allow for the "push up/slide the bottom" out technique.

I don't have that style of doors on my EB47's flybridge, so I can't confirm/deny what method works best.

Hope your sitting down... Mine was glued in with 5200.

My frames we're corroded and being aluminum looked like crap.

So I used a sawzall to cut the frame in small pieces then used stainless leader wire to cut the adhesive and pry them out.

I remade the frame in teak, with delrin glides that fit the original doors. The frame was preassembled then slide in and glued using urethane adhesive sealer. Frame was finished in Awlwood.

Super clean looking and matches the boat better.

Go to my blog, grandbankschoices, and dig around to you find it. I think it is called radio box rebuild.

A 42 box is bigger than a 36 box. The actual box was screwed in.

Any questions PM me.

Ok. After looking over all of the possible solutions and seeing the potential for a good deal of woe, I have decided to spend more time at the gym building upper body strength and living with the doors the way they are...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom