Replacing window guides on GB 32

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allengb32

My GB 32 (1990) has two windows that are almost impossible to move the glass. These two windows have a different type of material for a guide that appears to stick to the glass. Has anyone replace the guide material on any windows?

Probably better to post on the Grand Banks forum if someone here doesn't respond. Good luck.

If the window guides are the fuzzy stuff, dish soap and a brush will soften them up. I replaced mine but it was 32-595 and a lot older than yours. Therefore my info may not be germane. Some window frames were screwed on from the inside, some from the outside. You need to search for the plugs and drill them out. In any case, make sure the drain holes are kept clear (mason bees like to make homes in there) or you will get leaks to the inside. Those drains are barely adequate. Also, many frames were installed with Dolphinite which hardens over the years and can allow leaks so its a good plan to remove the frames some day and rebed them.

Grand Banks Forum

I keep seeing post referring people to the Grand Banks forum, If your referring
to this site: Grand Banks Owner's Resources
I have been trying for 3 months to join/access to no avail., Including sending PM's to board members only to never receiving a response. Either I am missing something or that forum is dead.

I keep seeing post referring people to the Grand Banks forum, If your referring
to this site: Grand Banks Owner's Resources
I have been trying for 3 months to join/access to no avail., Including sending PM's to board members only to never receiving a response. Either I am missing something or that forum is dead.

Yep, found the same problem; I was hoping to get some info on GB36.

Fellow GB owners. I spent hours, days trying to find window felt channel for our 1990 GB 42. Stumbled on these guys at Restoration Specialties Jeff and his team will take great care of you. The model that fit our aluminum channels is the AS1268. Ours had a plexiglass strip under the old felt, which we needed to keep to get the proper depth seating.

Another item to look for. For some odd reason there were plugs in the drain holes for some of the windows. I took those out and found the channels drained much better. Also, on two of the 12 window frames there was a 1/8" hole drilled into the bottom of the outer channel. This was allowing water to leak into the wall. I plugged those as well and stopped both leaks. We've been in the SE now for 4 months since we replaced the channels, no blow by, no leakage whatsoever in some serious storms. Very happy with the result.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom