Mystery floor mounts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dz1drwww

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Proper State of Mind
Vessel Make
1993 GB 42 Classic, Hull #1278
So, this morning I’m talking in the phone and for some reason noticed these two mounts in the floor of my 1993 42 classic. I’ve never noticed them, but can’t understand what they would be for…. Maybe a helm chair?? IMG_1591.jpgAny thoughts?? Anyone have these that are in use?? Any pictures in use??

Are there two farther aft? Might be for the table.

The mounts for the table are further aft, and the table is currently in place. These are too far forward. Thanks though.

Have not seen before on any GBs in my experience. Mounting points for a helm seat base seems most likely, although it's odd that they are not aligned exactly athwartships.

I have seen some universal metal frame helm seats with a center tie-down.
Are these threaded and would accept an eye bolt? That is how the ones I've seen attach via a hook, chain & turnbuckle or similar arrangement.
Might be for a double seat or 2 singles? Still no idea why not in line?

Here's what I am thinking...and wonder if the off set was to place 2 seats close to each other and avoid legs interfering? Offset and they sort of nest closer???
What are the hooks for alongside the magazine rack?
https://pompanettellc.com/?attachment_id=3088View attachment 124666

Last edited:
They are threaded, so you may be onto something with the helm seat/eye bolt idea. I’ve never used those hooks either….. Seems like they all may be working together somehow.

I have seen some universal metal frame helm seats with a center tie-down.
Are these threaded and would accept an eye bolt? That is how the ones I've seen attach via a hook, chain & turnbuckle or similar arrangement.
Might be for a double seat or 2 singles? Still no idea why not in line?

Here's what I am thinking...and wonder if the off set was to place 2 seats close to each other and avoid legs interfering? Offset and they sort of nest closer???
What are the hooks for alongside the magazine rack?
https://pompanettellc.com/?attachment_id=3088View attachment 124666

That is my thought too. Why they are not aligned? Who knows what POs do…

You know, I think I have those on my 1987 42C. I just assumed they were for an alternate location of the table and didn’t give them any further thought. I’ll check tomorrow

I took a look at my cabin sole today and the fittings I have are just for moving the table a few inches so not related to your fittings.
?
Doug

Thanks in any case…..

Back
Top Bottom