LED strip lights on salon - GB 42

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FBoykin

Vessel Name
Hannah Jane
Vessel Make
2000 Grand Banks 42 Classic
New to me 2000 GB 42. There are LED strip lights above the curtains in the salon - the lights are an orange color and dim. Perfect for keeping night vision. Unfortunately most of the strip lights are burnt out. There are plenty of 12 volt LED light strips on the internet, but they seem to be much brighter than what I'm looking for.

I posted this question on the GB a few days ago, but haven't gotten a response. Hoping someone on TF knows of a replacement? Thanks!

Greetings,
Mr. FB. I don't know your location BUT I've dealt with Apollo Lighting in Ft. Lauderdale and found them to be a very knowledgeable and accommodating company. Apollo Lighting

eBay has rolls of strip lights. Used them in my saloon.

Here's my galley lighting saga: we had kind of junky , 12 volt fluorescent under-cabinet light fixtures in the galley, commonly installed in RV's. Bulbs were hard to find and I didn't like the cold light. Swapped it for a 12" LED light bar with two brightness settings, but that was too bright and cold too, even on the low setting. Finally swapped it for this, a 5.9" warm white LED 12 volt light bar. I was afraid 5.9" would be way too small but it's perfect for our galley.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/2-LED-12V-5-9...%3A80d34f4615c0ab6b447c0ec9fff78854%7Ciid%3A2

We convert the old fluorescent type and use 3 strips of LED in place of the previous 2 tubes.
We use 'bright white' LED for the galley, cupboards etc and 'warm white' in the saloon and cabins.
We buy 5 metre rolls for around 5£ on eBay which can be cut to any length and soldered to suit.

Back
Top Bottom