grand banks questions& lots of em

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mark10

Vessel Name
ladylisa2
Vessel Make
hatteras
Ok, I m thinking of transitioning from a conv sportfishing boat to a cruiser ,I have a hatteras 50 now , wife and I are into traveling on the boat , we do some fishing ,stripers and stuff but have come to the realization we need more space for cruising and a small cc for fishing we lik
So now the search begins ,Ive been aboard a fleming55 nice boat , to slowfor me ,I really like the big eastbay flybridge , whats the consensus on that boat ? whats the biggest Ive seen a 58 but was told that 52 was biggest made. I also like the aluetion 60 whats thoughts on that ? definatly gonna buy a used boat , price range I can afford seems to put me in 2008 ranges on both boat abt 1.7 so fill me in,please tell me positives and negatives as i know all boats have both
Its a tough call ,I love my hatteras can grand banks match that kind of quality???

I think Grand Banks can match the Hatt quality but boy are they different boats. The Eastbay series is a downeast design and you might feel a bit trapped in the saloon. The trawlers have a more spacious feel but if a Fleming is too slow you'd hate a GB trawler. You might take in a boat show or wander thru a few marinas looking at the two designs.

IMHO Grand Banks cannot match Hatteras in not only quality but engineering, systems, toughness and resale. But, not many can. A great way to compare is at a big boat show. I spent a few days at the recent Seattle event and saw quite a collection. There was an Eastbay. So many nice boats, it is really tough to compare on a used vessel since prior owner care is so important.

To us, storage is a big deal. So many otherwise nice vessels fall short in this area. Two boats that do measure up are the mid 60' OAs and Outer Reef.

Ok, I m thinking of transitioning from a conv sportfishing boat to a cruiser ,I have a hatteras 50 now , wife and I are into traveling on the boat , we do some fishing ,stripers and stuff but have come to the realization we need more space for cruising and a small cc for fishing we lik

So now the search begins ,Ive been aboard a fleming55 nice boat , to slowfor me...

Some of those other boats will be slow, too.

Maybe just check out some Hatteras motor yachts, early in your process.

-Chris

No question, Hatteras sets the bar high in terms of thoughtful design, robust systems, and build quality. Folks who appreciate those things would, I think, also find a lot to like in anything Grand Banks. But if that Fleming left you unsatisfied on account of speed, you're probably not going to be happy with anything GB either.

Chris (ranger42c) has a good thought - check out some Hatteras MYs.

yea Im lookin at the hatteras M Y ,I like them gonna hit the boat shows through winter and get on a few kick the tires, oops kick the props, and see

Back
Top Bottom