Grand Banks fuel, water and emergency steering lid openers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jj1962

HI Guys
Where from can i buy spare keys/openers to fuel and water tanks and spare steering ?
Does any one have stensils / measurements for those openers, so could make new ones?
Thankyou if you could help
Br Jere

HI Guys
Where from can i buy spare keys/openers to fuel and water tanks and spare steering ?
Does any one have stensils / measurements for those openers, so could make new ones?
Thankyou if you could help
Br Jere

Welcome. Fuel, waste disposal and water tank keys/openers are standard fare at just about any marina equipment/supplies store. Most adjust to the width you need, one size fits all pretty much. My GB doesn't have a key for the water tanks. Just caps which unscrew. I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say "steering ?". Steering... wheel? As in the helm?

Mantus anchors makes a nice adjustable deck plate key that works great on my 1990 GB 32 with bronze deck fill covers for fuel and pumpout. The Perko works ok too but the Mantus is a bit smaller so spins without hitting the side of the cabin.
Oldersalt

Also check for an adjustable "pin spanner wrench" . West marine has them, as do others. We use a bronze tool with steel pins. It is a bar with one pin, and a hinged arm with another one. About 8" long.
Works well, even for tight fittings. Check the condition of the "o" rings at the top of the screw plugs also.
JohnS

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom