Grand Banks Europe Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimL

Vessel Name
Lemon Drops
Vessel Make
2001 Grand Banks Europa 52
Hi all,

We purchased a 2001 Grand Banks Europa 54 last year. We plan on living aboard cruising starting in July in New England and moving South for the winters.. I am recaulking the spray rails and was wondering what they are made of and how they are attached to the boat. I would imagine that they are under a tremendous amount of pressure displacing the bow wave.

Second question is what material are the teak swim platform supports made of? Ours are some type of metal which has been pained over many times. I'm just interested to know of what it's made of.

Thanks for all's input on the drone recommendations.

More questions to come .....

Thanks - JimL

Our swim platform supports appear to be bronze. That’s on a 1984 vintage. Aren't the spray rails molded into the hull? Maybe we are talking about two different things?

I think the spray rails are gelcoated teak or mahogany. They are not molded in or the boat would not come out of the mold.

They were an option.

The swim platform braces should be bronze.

Platform braces on my 92 46' are SS. Not sure about the spray rail attachment. I know the original owner ordered them as an option.
The molds are split molds. The imitation plank groves running the length of our hulls would also preclude removal from the mold, were it not in two pieces.

Thanks for the insight. The swim platform supports appear to be bronze. And I caulked the spray rails yesterday and agree they are add ons.

JimL

Back
Top Bottom