GB42 Window measurements for aft head window

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob R

Vessel Name
Ottelia
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42
Greetings, I'm in need of the window length in the aft head (starboard side) on a Brand Banks 42 from the 1980's. I'm trying to order curtains and measured all windows except that! Unfortunately I live a thousand miles from my boat so....
I'm assuming the window is the same height as the rest of the aft cabin windows and that the interior layout does not matter but in case it does my boat has the shower in with the head (as apposed to the shower on the port side).
Much appreciated.
Rob

Rob:
Here is a pic of my '87 GB42 Classic. I never noticed it but it looks like all three windows are different lengths but the same height. Might be an optical illusion with the outer two the same but inverted. The middle window is definitely shorter. I am planning on going to the boat tomorrow and will take an interior measurement for you if that would help.

Attachments

• Port Side WIndows.jpg
    Port Side WIndows.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 6
Hal, Thanks for taking the measurement, it will be a great help! Your 87 has the same window layout as my 88 so perfect.

OK, here is a drawing. Probably overkill but wasn't sure. These are the measurements of the window itself, inside the case/trim. I took other measurements i.e. valance and trim, distance from my curtain track to the window, etc. I'm thinking that you already have those if you measured the other windows. If you need them let me know. Hopefully, this will help enough.

Now for the hardest part of this. Getting the JPG to post in the correct orientation. Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• Head Window Measurements.jpg
    Head Window Measurements.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for the measurements. Perfect.

Back
Top Bottom