GB Europa 47

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, looking at a pre-owned 47 Europa. Any thoughts or comments on areas or things to look out for? Any known issues with these models or late 2000s GBs in general?

We had a 52 Europa of similar vintage. No innate flaws. Make sure the teak is in good shape, can be expensive to redo from scratch. Stabilization is desirable. Other than that just like any other older boat, all about past upkeep and maintenance.

I had a 2009 EU 47' for a number of years. It was an excellent boat. I think the only design complain I had is that at any speed above displacement the bow rise would block visibility from the lower helm. So if you want to go faster, you need to run from the fly bridge. Fit and finish was excellent, and equipment was all top shelf.

We just bought a 2008 vintage in November. Fantastic boat, and handled crossing the Columbia River Bar in a 6’-8’ swell with ease. Not a creak from the hull or super structure.

Ours has the Cummins QSC 8.3 550 HP for power, so it needed a bit of TLC as far as the aftercoolers go. Also had to gflex the black water tank… which were just issues brought on by the previous owners neglect.

Looking forward to getting her up north next year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom