Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2018, 02:18 PM   #1
City: Gig Harbor
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Maire
Vessel Model: 1974 Grand Banks 42 Classic
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 8
Flybridge drain holes

Hello All,

I'm the new owner of a 1974 42 classic and I read somewhere that there are drain holes situated along the bottom edge of the flybridge deck but I can't seam to locate them - maybe painted/caulked over at some point? Was hoping someone could lend a hand. I also posted similar question in the Grand Banks Owner's Forum.



romany275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:19 PM   #2
Comodave's Avatar
City: Au Gres, MI
Country: US
Vessel Name: Never Say Never
Vessel Model: President 41 DC
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7,667
Welcome aboard.

Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:59 PM   #3
Senior Member
NightCrawler's Avatar
City: Beaufort, NC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Shangri-La
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 42 Classic
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 188
Hi Matt,

Possibly they are referring to the drains in the vertical face of the fly bridge? We have several 'ports' where the vertical wall meets the bridge deck itself. Two on each side and I think one more stbd side in the corner. They look like small mouse holes.
They give water a place to drain off the sides as the deck is crowned in the middle.
Jan & Lee
Lying Beaufort, NC
NightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012