Bridge Clearance (mast up) 1989 36 Classic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbie68

Veteran Member
I have seen reference most frequently to 22' 4" and occasionally 21'6". I am guessing that the former is "standard" and that modifications were made to achieve the later.
Any insights would be appreciated.

Measure it to be absolutely sure.

All the references on the GB Owners Forum (in the Manual section) state 22'4". Our GB 42 is 22' 6". But like psneeld said, it's best to measure it yourself to make sure.

I would if I could.......Thinking abt a GB 36 but it is 400 miles away....hope to see it next week.
The Trent Severn is min 22', so trim 4" ++ off?

I would if I could.......Thinking abt a GB 36 but it is 400 miles away....hope to see it next week.
The Trent Severn is min 22', so trim 4" ++ off?

It can be lowered without too much fanfare I would think.

How often would you have to do it?

If often, then you could trim, which would require rerigging stays I would think.

I would think just making it so lowering and raising easily would be in the cards.

An '89 has an aluminum mast with only an anchor light and associated wiring. Any decent welder with a tig could remove a foot of mast and weld the anchor light fixture back on. Most of the GB aluminum masts are hinged at the bottom. The mast could be lowered enough to give you the clearance you require without the technical details of lowering it all the way to horizontal.

I'd start by carefully measuring the current height. Perhaps a previous owner chopped it already!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom