1987 46' Grand Banks Classic ... new owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Slow Poke
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 46'
Hello All: A seasoned boater/sailor and professional mariner, recently divorced, so I went ahead and ditched the Manhattan apartment and am going to live-aboard Slow Poke... Summers in Maine w family and Fall-Winter-Spring (God Forbid) in NYC region "in the wet".

New adventures begin. Look forward to "Meeting" you online and perhaps cruising past you in Long Island Sound, Block Island Sound, Cape Cod & The Islands, or the Gulf of Maine.

Attachments

• slow poke.jpg
    slow poke.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 435
  • adam and dad.jpg
    adam and dad.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 898
  • Kim.jpg
    Kim.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 905
Very nice vessel, use to have that plan of summering in Maine and wintering in Florida, then did the trip from NY to Florida and back and decided I wouldn't want to do that every year.
All the best!

Well well. I passed you yesterday as you were touring Atlantic Basin, rounding the corner at Red Hook Where do you berth? IMG_0182.JPG

His original post is 2 years ago, would be nice to hear about his adventures since then

Appeared to have a gaggle of 30 somethings enjoying a 'round the harbor tour'. Nice boat. Nice to see people out enjoying it.IMG_0183.JPG

This is what it would have looked like from your perspective.

Last edited:
Hey great thanks for the photo! OMG such a fun cruise... indeed 15 intoxicated 25 year olds, we were all out just cruising around upper bay...
That's me topsides w my gf.

I'll be heading north to my summer spot , Boothbay Harbor, very soon.....

My slip is over in Newport Yacht Club Jersey City.

Nice ATB, I was watching you slide through Buttermilk Channel like a BOSS

OMG such a fun cruise... indeed 15 intoxicated 25 year olds, we were all out just cruising around upper bay...

15 intoxicated 25 year olds sound horrendous and disaster waiting to happen. And I am assuming that you were completely sober AND had enough PFDs for everyone on board.

Hahha. I appreciate your comments and concern.

Like you I'm a professional mariner, in my case 30 years experience running as master and chief mate, so PFD's and a predeparture Safety Talk and non-drinking are just normal!

I'm a Maine Maritime Grad and have been working in oil and gas exploration since 1989.

I started in oil and gas E&P during a HUGE slump in 1989, and have managed to stay employed during the next two cycles as well, 1996 and the present one. I'm at Noble Drilling. Guess I'm either lucky or competent!

How long have you been on ATB's?

Good. Seniority is a bonus! :). I've been at this company for 23 years. And been on ATB s since 2009 when this was converted. Actually the one I passed you on I'm just filling in on for other Captain while he attends his sons graduation. My regular ride is in Shipyard.IMG_0165.JPG

Back
Top Bottom