1985 GB 42 Motoryacht door size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gerryhebear

Vessel Name
Swan Song
Vessel Make
1985 Grand Banks 42' Classic
I want to install a magnetic screen closer for the port and starboard entry doors. The vessel is in winter storage near Syracuse so I don't have access to measure and would like to make the units here in Florida where we have the equipment. I need the opening measurement inside the door frame on both doors ( They may be different ). Would appreciate if anyone who has this Motoryacht style near them could get the measurement for me.

I have an ‘86 GB42 Classic. The doors may be different size than your MY. However, the sizes may differ from build-to-build and year-to-year. I’ll post my door size in this thread when I get to my boat this weekend. I’m recalling about 19”.

Thanks very much. Would need both the width and height. Suspect the top is slanted so dimension of all 4 sides would be good.

The attached photo is the starboard-side entry door. The measurements are uniform (parallel) from side-to-side and top-to-bottom. It’s 17” wide and 54.5” tall (no wonder I often hit my head!). The port-side entry door is also uniform but two inches taller. It’s 17” wide and 56.5” tall.

Attachments

• ED61CA0B-3406-4D5D-BA4C-84A82B4C4B90.jpg
    ED61CA0B-3406-4D5D-BA4C-84A82B4C4B90.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I will presume that the dimensions are the same on the Motor Yacht that we have. If there is a difference I think it will be in the height measurements so I will leave some room in this area to be sure and do the final fit when we are at the vessel.

Back
Top Bottom