Universal Marine Hampton Bay 39

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiz

Would anyone have any input on these trawlers? Interested in one near me and have never really heard of them. Twin lehmans with very low hours, aft cabin

I would always look at the usual - window and deck leaks, soft spots, tanks, engine condition. Just wondering if it's worth a look or whether they have a reputation either way.

--Kevin

Universal marine rep

Just wanted to know what you found out about universal marine? I may have interest in one and don’t know anything about them.

We didn’t go on with purchasing or even a survey. The one we looked at was just a shambles. They wanted 65k for a boat needing a full paint job, decks fixed everywhere, engines with leak issues, rot in all sorts of places and veneer peeling everywhere.

Its a big boat with giant accommodations. Like the forward cabin pullman and head forward. Good layout.

Not sure of much else.

—Kevin

Would anyone have any input on these trawlers? Interested in one near me and have never really heard of them. Twin lehmans with very low hours, aft cabin

I would always look at the usual - window and deck leaks, soft spots, tanks, engine condition. Just wondering if it's worth a look or whether they have a reputation either way.

--Kevin
You might try researching the “Litton” brand trawler which was built by the Universal yard. My impression of their quality might be not the highest attention to detail but “ Taiwanese Commercially Acceptable “

We ended up buying a mainship 390. So no longer searching.

—Kevin

Thanks for the reply, congrats on the mainship, been shopping those as well except in 34’ models. I’ll look up Litton thanks for that info.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom