New build LRC65

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VEGA

I have been reading posts about long distance cruisers in this forum for some time now, as my wife and I are also preparing for the trip. I have already written two posts in this forum, but I don't want to miss to introduce our project.

We still have some time, and before we start building, we want to prepare the construction process as accurately as possible. As architects, we know that good planning is the basis for the golden triangle of quality, cost and deadlines. If you change one corner, the other two corners will change as well. So we take our time.

Our plan (...and yes, I know, we are not the first with this dream): We want to travel to both arctic and tropical regions and anchor there for longer periods of time independent of civilization facilities. At the same time, we don't want to get seasick, cold or sweaty. We want to keep the technical and natural risks as low as possible. The boat should be very flat for inland waters.

For us personally, a large-volume and wide hull is out of the question. We want maximum economy, because we want to drive electrically, or at least "very hybrid" and use the energy of the sun. The development technology will take some time, but we still have time.

Setsail by Linda and Steve Dashew is an important inspiration for us. Thank you so much for making these resources available to us! So we have been looking at an FPB64 for a very long time. As you know, the ships are no longer built and to that extent it is not possible to realize our own wishes and ideas based on an FPB. The ships are perfect for long passages, very safe, very economical, very easy to maintain, just perfect for the long haul. But life on board is not as well thought out as we would like.

Then I follow Christine and Wayne's XPM78 blog and I am very grateful for this super detailed description of the newbuilding, many, many thanks for that!

As a result of FPB, XPM, ARKSEN and CIRCA we have been looking hard at the LRC65. This ship fits to us. It offers all the possibilities we want and we have created an interior design and formulated our basic thoughts about it. The design is not finished yet, the extremely flat sunny-weather fly is still missing. Take a look:

https://www.artnautica.eu/project-vega

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom