Marben 27 foot trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Al

Guru
Vessel Name
'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Make
1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Greetings, Any Marben 27 foot trawlers on this forum? Thanks, A.M.Johnson Ketchikan (Bridge to Nowhere) Alaska

One of my co-workers had a Marben 27 for several years in the late 90s, early 2000s. He bought the boat here (Seattle area) and kept it in the Cornet Bay Marina up on Whidbey Island. It had a Spanish name--- Casa something or something Casa, I think.

He sold it locally but I have no idea where it ended up. I only saw it once in the marina up on Whidbey. Seemed a nice boat. I recall my co-worker telling me there was some connection between Marben and the C-Dory people but I don't recall exactly what the connection was. The only complaint I recall him mentioning was that the boat was staggeringly slow. Five to six knots at best I seem to recall.

Thanks Marin,
Yes I am aware of the connection between C-Dory and the Marben boats, same manufacture at a earlier date. I purchased the one out of Tacoma "Hapi". There is one currently for sale in Port Townsend and yet another recently sold (6 months?) out of Friday Harbor. I am under the impression that there were 18 27 foot hulls constructed, I say 'hull' as I have knowledge of two that were constructed as commercial trollers. There is a 32 foot commercial troller here in Ketchikan and a ad on Craigs list for a 37 foot Marben.
Our boat is powered by a Perkins 1-154 and we cruise at 6.5 knot average at 2150 rpm (3000 max rpm) at 1 gallon per hour fuel burn.
The comfort and accommodations are such that a slow speed is not a frustration.
If our conversation brings out other post regarding location of more of these boats and location I'd be delighted!
Thanks again
AMJ

Last edited:
Greetings, Any Marben 27 foot trawlers on this forum? Thanks, A.M.Johnson Ketchikan (Bridge to Nowhere) Alaska

Could you provide picture(s)?

I'd be psychologically and physically challenged working on a Maben 27 bow, messing with the anchor, etcetera. Need/have something more secure.

img_92372_0_27a6e5df114dcfded2b55a6d99f68fcf.jpg

Markpierce- Sure, here are some photos of the sistership that is currently on the market:

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...s=Feet&access=Public&listing_id=1007&url=&imc

I can't argue with your personal concerns, I would agree under stressful conditions dealing with anchoring can be a challenge. I have constructed a access ladder through the foreward hatch that allows me to address that concern. The anchor and such can be reached and dispatched with one's lower body within the hatch opening. As to raising the anchor, not a problem, as there is no winch involved, just brute strength.
Enjoy-
Alcohol does not solve any problems, but then neither does milk.

The anchor and such can be reached and dispatched with one's lower body within the hatch opening. As to raising the anchor, not a problem, as there is no winch involved, just brute strength.

Think I could deal with that. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom