Lonesome Sad Tollycraft

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ooops, responded to the wrong post.

Last edited:
Sent a PM to your attention. In review I note your action was 15 years ago. I didn't ask the name or town of the sale in Alaska. In my PM I mention 15-16 years ago being the time of the sale notice in some publication here in Alaska, I believe it was through a local newspaper as Craigslist and such were not in existence.
When next I meet the current owner I will make inquiry as to his acquiring the boat, nice fellow, lately a widower.
Regards, Al

Al,

We reluctantly had to sell her about 15 years ago. She was lifted onto a barge and sent to AK to become a live aboard. We sure miss her....
We now have a 32' Uniflite which we like a lot. We sure do miss all the room and comfort of that old tub. We still keep all the brochures and other flyers that Old Man Tolly signed years ago at a Tolly Rendezvous in Sydney. As he put it, "Me and Ed Monk Jr. sat down over a jug Jack Daniel's to design this boat and you now own it". HA!

Al, if you have a picture of her, we sure would like to see it, I think.....

Sent a PM to your attention. In review I note your action was 15 years ago. I didn't ask the name or town of the sale in Alaska. In my PM I mention 15-16 years ago being the time of the sale notice in some publication here in Alaska, I believe it was through a local newspaper as Craigslist and such were not in existence.
When next I meet the current owner I will make inquiry as to his acquiring the boat, nice fellow, lately a widower.
Regards, Al

That is very interesting my wife worked for the barge company so it was cheaper to ship via barge.... Funny about the fuel tanks I do not know if I ever treated it or not I only ever plunged one fuel filter in a nasty storm stirred up a bunch of crap but never had a alge problem... I probable only ever changed fuel filters every 250 hrs ... I had that engine room clean enough you could drop a steak on the floor and pick it up and eat it... ( no easy task in a engine room with jimmy's it it). My wife spent countless hours totally redoing the wood we put a dehumidifier in it and a Dickerson stove for heat...had to do some re wiring and get ride of the most stupid ever bilge pumps and tottaly redid them on her but there is hardly a day goes buy that I do not mis her...that enclosed helm was perfect for s.e. Alaska weather and great visibility ... I hauled a few deer to the back Davits with that blue zodiac with the 8 hp . Just winch the deer up I had a 6 ' custom cutting board made for the stern cut up the deer or halibut . I then made a new seat for the flying bridge fiberglass made it big enough to put a 8 cubic foot chest freezer in it . To make sure to keep any mess out of the boat . I even fited her with electronic down riggers that would read the bottom and keep the ball just off the bottom (unbeatable for halibut fishing) when I seen her a few years ago I was in shock and could not bring myself to take a picture... I am trying to remember what the name of it originally was something had to do with a giraf ? Can't remember....I believe I bought her just after thanksgiving in 1999 on my way back from a Marlin fishing trip,to Cabo my wife and I got married that dec 31 1999 was going to get married on her but was worried that if it was to ruff out to get to international waters to be 100% legal decided not to at the last second.....

Last edited:
Confused, Are you and Gizmo speaking to the same boat? I have inserted in your quote questions. AMJ

That is very interesting my wife worked for the barge company so it was cheaper to ship via barge.(Where in Alaska did you ship the boat?)... Funny about the fuel tanks I do not know if I ever treated it or not I only ever plunged one fuel filter in a nasty storm stirred up a bunch of crap but never had a alge problem... I probable only ever changed fuel filters every 250 hrs ...-(Two stories-Different boats?) I had that engine room clean enough you could drop a steak on the floor and pick it up and eat it... ( no easy task in a engine room with jimmy's it it).(This boat does have the 453 Jimmies) My wife spent countless hours totally redoing the wood we put a dehumidifier in it and a Dickerson stove for heat.(I recall it has a Dickerson type corner stove not a oil cook stove)..had to do some re wiring and get ride of the most stupid ever bilge pumps and tottaly redid them on her but there is hardly a day goes buy that I do not mis her...that enclosed helm was perfect for s.e. Alaska weather and great visibility ... I hauled a few deer to the back Davits with that blue zodiac with the 8 hp(This boat has the double arm davit.You would not be able to swing a deer onboard as they are transom level) . Just winch the deer up I had a 6 ' custom cutting board made for the stern cut up the deer or halibut . I then made a new seat for the flying bridge fiberglass made it big enough to put a 8 cubic foot chest freez(no chest on upper deck) er in it . To make sure to keep any mess out of the boat . I even fited her with electronic down riggers that would read the bottom and keep the ball just off the bottom (unbeatable for halibut fishing) when I seen her a few years ago I was in shock and co(No down riggers or sign of such)uld not bring myself to take a picture... I am trying to remember what the name of it originally was something had to do with a giraf ? Can't remember....I believe I bought her just after thanksgiving in 1999 on my way back from a Marlin fishing trip,to Cabo my wife and I got married that dec 31 1999 was going to get married on her but was worried that if it was to ruff out to get to international waters to be 100% legal decided not to at the last second.....

Clarification on the Ketchikan LRC Tolly!!

Montana and Gizmo- Buy yourselves a beer!! You both owned the boat.

To day while checking my boat and doing the usual float walk talking to other boaters, I glanced out to the Narrows and there before my lying eyes was the Linda, (Gizmo) racing out of the harbor. Both Jimmies were screaming at WOT.
As surprised as I was, I walked over to the float the boat uses anticipating the boat's return as following the WOT event where plumes of blue smoke blotted out the air, the boat came to a full stop. Then a slow return to the harbor where a most painful effort at docking was viewed. In assisting the two members on board with lines, often held to the end where the lines had to be released and a shout to the boat crew to pick them out of the water pronto or the wheels, which were in forward and reverse at times unknown for what, would suck the lines up.
After a series of back and forth, with neighboring boat owners shouting and pushing, the boat was secured.
A discussion after securing found the following. The boat was purchased from a guy from Montana in Craig, Alaska. The boat WAS named 'Gizmo'.
and yes there is a freezer on the flybridge, and yes there is a Dickenson heater in the salon.
Now, if you want photos, I need you to text me at (907) 617 0710 as I have photos on my phone but not on my computer and I only know how to send photos from my phone.
Regards,
Al-Ketchikan Marben 27' pocket CRUISER

I had it shipped to ketchikan i was based at the time out of craig. I took off the downriggers when i sold her . to be honest i do not think I want to see any pictures .... if you could text my wife she would like to se her... 406 580 4417

Done!

I had it shipped to ketchikan i was based at the time out of craig. I took off the downriggers when i sold her . to be honest i do not think I want to see any pictures .... if you could text my wife she would like to se her... 406 580 4417

Al-Ketchikan-27' Marben pocket cruiser

Back
Top Bottom