Interesting Jefferson 46

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andrewc

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Avalon
Vessel Make
Present 46
I looked at a Jefferson 46 recently. Nice looking, well kept boat. The item I really found interesting was the front windshield area. The area was fully covered by fiberglass much like I have seen on sport fishing boats. No access to anchor locker from top deck either. These two items would obviously lessen the chance for water intrusion, and help keep salon area cool, but I haven't seen this design on any of the other Jefffersons I have looked at. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Greetings,
Mr. A. I suspect similar to this one: https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1997/jefferson-marlago-46-sundeck-3737908/

Different style that Jefferson though might appeal to a certain demographic. Not too bad if you boated in a warm area where you could pilot from "outside" (fly bridge) all the time but probably NOT the best design for the PNW, for example.

We have both an upper and lower station and tend to drive from the upper for better visibility BUT it's really nice to be out of the elements when the weather gets snotty.

Thanks for your response RTF. That actually IS the Jefferson I looked at.

That is the way my Jefferson 46 is put together. I do miss the pilothouse helm in bad weather but overall we love the boat.

Especially for the PNW, I would never consider a single station boat. (period)

pete

I appreciate the responses, but I was more interested in what people's thoughts were on the fiberglassed winshield area rather than the pros and cons of just having a flybridge. The other boats that I have looked at that do not have a lower helm, have the standard windshield with a typical cloth covering of some type.

I was also curious what people thought about no access to the anchor locker from the deck area.

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom