City: noumea
integrity

Hi,
Someone know this brand of boats built in Australia
Thank you for your replay

michel98807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 12:10 AM   #2
Guru

They are marketed in Australia but built by Jiang Hua in China. The brand was recently taken over by Whitehaven. Former principal looks to be selling a new line of boats branded "Island Gypsy Boats".

I recently bought a 2005 Integrity 386 which unlike current Integrity models has a flybridge. I know a little about them, feel free to ask.
So far Integrity has been discussed in the "Island Gypsy/Halvorsen Designs" Builders Section, there ,may be info there. Why? Integrity hulls were designed by Harvey Halvorsen and used in Island Gypsy boats. Jiang Hua and/or Integrity got hold of the moulds. They have been modified, but see an Integrity 386 or 426, you are reminded of an IG 36 and 40 respectively.

BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 04:27 AM   #3
Guru

City: Hughesville, MD
Vessel Name: Branwen
Vessel Model: Hatteras 48 LRC
You've been away or quiet for a while. Welcome back.

Greg.
GregBrannon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:12 AM   #4
Guru

City: Oconto, WI
Vessel Name: Best Alternative
Vessel Model: 36 Albin Aft Cabin
Interesting. I own a T.T. and I guess I was unaware that they were still manufacturing boats in Taiwan, what with the horrendous cost of shipping these days, the high price of Teak, etc.

What is the current state of Taiwan boat manufacturing?

pete
Pete Meisinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:31 AM   #5
Guru

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Never Say Never
Vessel Model: President 41 DC
Welcome aboard.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 02:50 AM   #6
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Meisinger View Post
Interesting. I own a T.T. and I guess I was unaware that they were still manufacturing boats in Taiwan, what with the horrendous cost of shipping these days, the high price of Teak, etc.
What is the current state of Taiwan boat manufacturing?pete
To my knowledge,there is no Taiwan involvement here.
Old 04-24-2020, 05:48 PM   #7
Hospitality Officer

City: Pittwater
Vessel Name: Sarawana
Vessel Model: IG 36 Quad Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post

I recently bought a 2005 Integrity 386 which unlike current Integrity models has a flybridge. I know a little about them, feel free to ask.
So far Integrity has been discussed in the "Island Gypsy/Halvorsen Designs" Builders Section, there ,may be info there. Why? Integrity hulls were designed by Harvey Halvorsen and used in Island Gypsy boats. Jiang Hua and/or Integrity got hold of the moulds. They have been modified, but see an Integrity 386 or 426, you are reminded of an IG 36 and 40 respectively.

Bruce, I just saw your post, have you sold the IG, or are you a two boat man. Also where are you keeping her, I think you said you had moved the old boat up to Brooklyn if I remember. How about a few pictures.

Congratulations by the way.
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 12:05 AM   #8
Guru

Thanks Andy, and yes, pics are overdue. As is actually using the boat. Yes, fleet owner for now. "Sojourn"( previously a Sydney boat with RMYC stickers, sold to Melbourne by Andrew Moore(another sticker), previous called "Kathleen something) is now at Dolphin Marina in Brooklyn. Doriana is with Andrew Storey at Cottage Point to sell. I was not expecting the wall of isolation inconducive to boat selling but he is getting inquiries. A couple of Melbourne boat guys, one very knowledgeable and a marine electrician brought it up in about 79 hours spread over 6 days just as CV set in. They took refuge twice, Batemans Bay( I got a text saying "surf`s up!)and Port Kembla, but say it`s a good sea boat. Hoping to find out for myself soon.
Old 05-17-2020, 04:40 AM   #9

City: Airlie beach
Vessel Name: Tui
Vessel Model: Integrity 350
Intergrity 350

I have just bought a 2010 integrity 35 and steamed home to the whitsundays from Lake Macqaurie, about a 1000 miles. I can report that she is a fine sea boat and handled the often heavy quartering seas with ease. But...i had not appreciated the degree with which she sits With the stern down. Noise from under the boarding platform a constant irritant. About 11 lph for a bit under 7 knots. But with that current a bit hard to tell.
For what its worth.
silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 05:38 AM   #10
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings.
Welcome aboard mate.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:40 PM   #11
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post
I have just bought a 2010 integrity 35 and steamed home to the whitsundays from Lake Macqaurie, about a 1000 miles. I can report that she is a fine sea boat and handled the often heavy quartering seas with ease. But...i had not appreciated the degree with which she sits With the stern down. Noise from under the boarding platform a constant irritant. About 11 lph for a bit under 7 knots. But with that current a bit hard to tell.
For what its worth.
Are there trim tabs which might deal with the "stern down"?
I first noticed the noise at the swimstep/duckboard/boarding platform while on a swing mooring but on reflection, it might be present under way as well, above 8 knots. Something to do with Integrity extending the waterline length by making the swimstep part of the hull?
I was surprised by the improvement in stability compared to the IG36 the Integrity derives from. The guys who delivered my boat from Melbourne reported it did well at sea. The price we pay for the transom noise?
Old 05-19-2020, 12:48 AM   #12

City: Airlie beach
Vessel Name: Tui
Vessel Model: Integrity 350
Bruce, on re reading my post i see that it is a bit confusing. No discomfort underway to speak of but horribly noise at anchor if in any Slop at all. But especially when wind against tide sets up a chop. Judders the whole boat! Underway in heavier conditions i was getting the odd jolt but not concerning. I had not appreciated that the aim was to increase waterline length. If that were so would they not have to put “hull” under the platform?
silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 01:59 AM   #13
Guru

While the 35 and 386 share Harvey Halvorsen hull origins there might be differences. The 386, although built earlier than your boat, has what looks like the IG36 hull extended by creating hull under the platform. The 426 does too. I thought you must have the same design, as I was getting the same boom sound aft while on a mooring. At first I thought it was the mooring buoy contacting the hull, but it was not.
I`ll suggest to PeterB that the Mods create an Integrity Builders Section. Since the Whitehaven takeover I don`t know if the builder is still Shenzhen Jiang Hua.