integrity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are marketed in Australia but built by Jiang Hua in China. The brand was recently taken over by Whitehaven. Former principal looks to be selling a new line of boats branded "Island Gypsy Boats".

I recently bought a 2005 Integrity 386 which unlike current Integrity models has a flybridge. I know a little about them, feel free to ask.
So far Integrity has been discussed in the "Island Gypsy/Halvorsen Designs" Builders Section, there ,may be info there. Why? Integrity hulls were designed by Harvey Halvorsen and used in Island Gypsy boats. Jiang Hua and/or Integrity got hold of the moulds. They have been modified, but see an Integrity 386 or 426, you are reminded of an IG 36 and 40 respectively.

Last edited:
You've been away or quiet for a while. Welcome back.

Greg.

Interesting. I own a T.T. and I guess I was unaware that they were still manufacturing boats in Taiwan, what with the horrendous cost of shipping these days, the high price of Teak, etc.

What is the current state of Taiwan boat manufacturing?

pete

Interesting. I own a T.T. and I guess I was unaware that they were still manufacturing boats in Taiwan, what with the horrendous cost of shipping these days, the high price of Teak, etc.
What is the current state of Taiwan boat manufacturing?pete
To my knowledge,there is no Taiwan involvement here.

I recently bought a 2005 Integrity 386 which unlike current Integrity models has a flybridge. I know a little about them, feel free to ask.
So far Integrity has been discussed in the "Island Gypsy/Halvorsen Designs" Builders Section, there ,may be info there. Why? Integrity hulls were designed by Harvey Halvorsen and used in Island Gypsy boats. Jiang Hua and/or Integrity got hold of the moulds. They have been modified, but see an Integrity 386 or 426, you are reminded of an IG 36 and 40 respectively.

Bruce, I just saw your post, have you sold the IG, or are you a two boat man. Also where are you keeping her, I think you said you had moved the old boat up to Brooklyn if I remember. How about a few pictures.

Congratulations by the way.

Thanks Andy, and yes, pics are overdue. As is actually using the boat. Yes, fleet owner for now. "Sojourn"( previously a Sydney boat with RMYC stickers, sold to Melbourne by Andrew Moore(another sticker), previous called "Kathleen something) is now at Dolphin Marina in Brooklyn. Doriana is with Andrew Storey at Cottage Point to sell. I was not expecting the wall of isolation inconducive to boat selling but he is getting inquiries. A couple of Melbourne boat guys, one very knowledgeable and a marine electrician brought it up in about 79 hours spread over 6 days just as CV set in. They took refuge twice, Batemans Bay( I got a text saying "surf`s up!)and Port Kembla, but say it`s a good sea boat. Hoping to find out for myself soon.

Intergrity 350

I have just bought a 2010 integrity 35 and steamed home to the whitsundays from Lake Macqaurie, about a 1000 miles. I can report that she is a fine sea boat and handled the often heavy quartering seas with ease. But...i had not appreciated the degree with which she sits With the stern down. Noise from under the boarding platform a constant irritant. About 11 lph for a bit under 7 knots. But with that current a bit hard to tell.
For what its worth.

I have just bought a 2010 integrity 35 and steamed home to the whitsundays from Lake Macqaurie, about a 1000 miles. I can report that she is a fine sea boat and handled the often heavy quartering seas with ease. But...i had not appreciated the degree with which she sits With the stern down. Noise from under the boarding platform a constant irritant. About 11 lph for a bit under 7 knots. But with that current a bit hard to tell.
For what its worth.
Are there trim tabs which might deal with the "stern down"?
I first noticed the noise at the swimstep/duckboard/boarding platform while on a swing mooring but on reflection, it might be present under way as well, above 8 knots. Something to do with Integrity extending the waterline length by making the swimstep part of the hull?
I was surprised by the improvement in stability compared to the IG36 the Integrity derives from. The guys who delivered my boat from Melbourne reported it did well at sea. The price we pay for the transom noise?

Bruce, on re reading my post i see that it is a bit confusing. No discomfort underway to speak of but horribly noise at anchor if in any Slop at all. But especially when wind against tide sets up a chop. Judders the whole boat! Underway in heavier conditions i was getting the odd jolt but not concerning. I had not appreciated that the aim was to increase waterline length. If that were so would they not have to put “hull” under the platform?

While the 35 and 386 share Harvey Halvorsen hull origins there might be differences. The 386, although built earlier than your boat, has what looks like the IG36 hull extended by creating hull under the platform. The 426 does too. I thought you must have the same design, as I was getting the same boom sound aft while on a mooring. At first I thought it was the mooring buoy contacting the hull, but it was not.
I`ll suggest to PeterB that the Mods create an Integrity Builders Section. Since the Whitehaven takeover I don`t know if the builder is still Shenzhen Jiang Hua.

Just discovered a weird thing with my Yanmar 315 ho 6 lpa stp2 motor. When i check oil level i was getting. Confusing readings from dipstick. So thinking thst the seal at the top of the dipstick may create air pressure thus pushing levels artificially low, i didnt insert the whole way planning to allow for the half an inch difference. Both read the same!! Both cant be correct surely? The dipstck tube seems to take a sharp turn and enter low on the sump.
Anyone have any ideas? Other than warning that early dementia may have struck.

“So thinking thst the seal at the top of the dipstick may create air pressure thus pushing levels artificially low”
You are correct.
Before checking oil pull the stick to break the seal. Wait a few minutes then re insert and check level.

Without detracting from replies above posting in the "Power Systems" section in a new thread might help responses. My Onan genset dipstick needs remove wipe reinsert,then remove and check, to get a reliable reading.

Yes that is my standard procedure. My problem is that if fully inserted or inserted to all but last half inch ( the distance of the seal) The same level is shown!

A slight hijack, ages ago there was an interesting thread on engine oil dipsticks. Apparently the Ford Lehman's engine oil level readings were a little misleading in that the original engine was not designed as a marine engine, the unit was supposed to be checked on level ground.

An installed Lehman in a boat is not level, well at least not on mine.So the oil tendes to drain to the back of the engine. If you fill to the top of the dipstick level, you are essentially overfilling the engine. Anyway, this is how I remembered the thread going. I tried looking it up in the archives but I have never had much luck with that search engine.

Last edited:
Andy, I think the clue was to put in the specified amount of oil rather than using the dipstick full level. But we`ve usually filled to the dipstick mark and never observed clouds of blue smoke from oil burning off or other signs of trouble etc.

I did notice (back when I had a boat, that is), that if I filled it the amount they said, it actually ended up a little below the full mark on the dipstick. However, if I topped it up to the full mark, it went down about half a cm (~1/8th in), quite quickly, then stayed there for ages before it needed anything added, which was usually nothing between services unless we did some extra long stints.

Bruce, thanks for your thoughts but i fear that your solution is precisely what you shouldnt do unless changing oil by draining the sump. I think that most use a vacuum pump which doesn't get all the oil.
With respect I suspect if your solution means over filling.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom