Eagle Trawlers Available Again in the Pacific Northwest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chuck Gould

Vessel Name
Dear Prudence
Vessel Make
Eagle 40
A local dealer has just picked up the franchise for Eagle Trawlers. The line hasn't been well represented in the Pacific Northwest for several years. Decently (but not heroically) built, the 40 Pilothouse is an example of a traditional design that has aged very well.

For a brief overview and some photos: Pacific Nor

We've had an example of a new (55 footer I think) here at our Sanctuary Cove Boat Show on the Gold Coast the last several years. I quite like them, although I reckon that with the raised wheelhouse, they really don't need the flybridge, and as it is set so far back it probably does not enhance one's view of the bow area and beyond much at all, and the stern view is never great from anywhere up there when there is a bridge deck or hard top over the cockpit. Always better to stick your head out the pilot door. I think they would actually look better without it. I'm sure Eric would also agree.

I REALLY LIKE Eagles!

Last edited:
Seattle Yachts has had a nice looking Eagle 40 for sale at Shilshole Marina for quite some time. I walk past it several times a week. Don't know the price, but it is a good looking boat.

Deckhand,
Do you have the 6cyl, 4cyl or other than FL?

10300-albums328-picture1835.jpg
Our Eagle looks like a Grand Banks (and a whole bunch of other trawlers). Love the classic lines. It has twin Lehman 120's - already getting to know them intimately! Need help posting a pic.

Last edited:
I got my first look at an Eagle 32 in Indiantown last week.....one of the neatest boats I've seen in a long time. Even Eric can't hate a fly bridge on that one....looks very balanced to me.

The 40 is a great boat! Transpac made less then a hundred 32s and they rarely come up for sale.

Like the NT I prefer the 32 and yes Larry I love those fly bridges. A lower CG and hardly any weight and windage added. A FB of this type can be quite large taking up residence on the top of an aft cabin. A FBS on the aft bulkhead of a boat is perfect IMO.

Old Deckhand the 6 cyl is big but considerably smoother as I've heard.

Swab we had one of those by us on the hard and liked the hull. Looked quite efficient. It was a single in need of refitting or lots of TLC and sold for $10 I think. Was on a thread here a year or so ago.

A local dealer has just picked up the franchise for Eagle Trawlers. The line hasn't been well represented in the Pacific Northwest for several years. Decently (but not heroically) built, the 40 Pilothouse is an example of a traditional design that has aged very well.

For a brief overview and some photos: Pacific Nor

Chuck - can you check your link. It no workee for me...

Eric,
The 4 cylinder FL does not run as smooth as the 6 and produces a fairly uncomfortable vibration in a fiberglass boat. It has a very large flywheel in an attempt to smooth it out.

He posted it 2/28/13

Sometimes things change in two years.

Doh! That annoys me when I reply to a post that is years old. I automatically assume it's recent, especially if there aren't multiple pages. Thanks for letting me know, though.

Makes me wonder if there is a way to color code posts by age?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom