Davis 42 Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Apache II
Vessel Make
1974 Donald Jones
I am looking at a Davis 42 Trawler. The top is shot and would need to be replaced.
I can pick it up for about $2,000,00 It is a single cabin model and I am looking to out fit it as handicapped accessable for the Admiral who is wheel chair bound with MS.
I only found one on yachtworld. it is a double cabin.
anyone heard of these boats?

It has two leman engines. I didn't get a good look the were blue I thought the lemans were red??

I was told they have less than 500 hours on both.

Sd

$2,000!! You could part out those engines and cover that cost (but maybe not the cost of disposal of the hull ;-).

Blue usually means Perkins, which is a good trawler engine as well.

David

No the engines say ford leman right on top. Could have been painted.

Good motors and a good hull is why I am looking at it. I have been looking for years for a handicapped accessable boat. None around. So I figgure I will have to build it myself. I am thinking around 50K should get me a new top.

SD

skipperdude said:
I am looking at a Davis 42 Trawler. The top is shot and would need to be replaced.
I can pick it up for about $2,000,00 It is a single cabin model and I am looking to out fit it as handicapped accessable for the Admiral who is wheel chair bound with MS.

It has two leman engines. I didn't get a good look the were blue I thought the lemans were red??

Sd

I looked at a Davis trawler in Whittier years ago the boats name jimel

Davis is/was a fishing boat manufacturer in Washington. They didn't make many yachts but the one I thought about buying was pretty nice.

"I am thinking around 50K should get me a new top."

What part of the boat are you calling a "top"?

Sd
SkipperDude,

It's been 8 years since you posted about the '42 Davis trawler and I wanted to know how the boat has worked out for you. I'm contemplating a similar boat.

Were the engines solid? Does it perform well in weather?

Thanks,

Tak

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom