Cheoy Lee Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Jeepster

Vessel Name
Forbes
Vessel Make
1980 Cheoy Lee 55 LRC
Is this the right forum for Cheoy Lee owners or are they chatting in another room?

There are many of us here! Although there is not a specific sub-forum dedicated to Cheoy Lees, if you have any questions they are likely to be addressed by other CL owners.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard.
Most of the Cheoy Lee owners here have trawlers.
I think that there is a dedicated sub-forum on another site for Cheoy Lee sailboats.
We live our 40 LRC very much.
Where are your cruising waters?

Thanks for the replies, my cruising grounds are the Hauraki Gulf and north to the Bay Of Islands New Zealand. How about your self?

We live aboard, wintering in Florida, and are about to leave from Stuart headed North.
This year, we will probably stay on the Chesapeake Bay until Fall, then hopefully, to the Keys and the Bahamas for the winter.

Hello all,
I'm Cheoy Lee Seamaster 47' owner.
I cruised all the way from Vancouver Canada to Mexico, French Polynesia Marquises Islands, Tahiti, Cook Island, Tonga and Minerva reef and New Zealand. My boat is currently in Whangarei on the north island, but I'm in Vancouver... Can't get there from here. Miss my vessel!

Attachments

• qDWK9czfRkeqM9O0dUERhg.jpg
    qDWK9czfRkeqM9O0dUERhg.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 33
There is an Albin group. Pretty similar. Taiwan Trawlers.

pete

Hello all,
I'm Cheoy Lee Seamaster 47' owner.
I cruised all the way from Vancouver Canada to Mexico, French Polynesia Marquises Islands, Tahiti, Cook Island, Tonga and Minerva reef and New Zealand. My boat is currently in Whangarei on the north island, but I'm in Vancouver... Can't get there from here. Miss my vessel!

That is great seafaring on your part, love the lines on your CL, the bow and sheerline are beautiful!

Greetings,
Mr. PM. Cheoy Lees are NOT Taiwanese!!!!!! NOT similar what-so-ever.

Thank you, Mr. RT. Beat me to it!

Also, I was going to add Cheoy Lees are Hong Kong trawlers... :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom