Campion 300 vs 310

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

R. Bush

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
TBIDO
Vessel Make
Island Gypsy 32
Just came across a Campion 310 for sale near me and it looks like a good choice for a singlehander who isn't planning any major trips (the seller claims they have just come back from taking it on the Great Loop).

Can anyone out there explain the difference between the 300 and the 310? I know the 310 has the aft cabin that looks like a lot to a coffin to me, but were does that extra space go in a 300 model?

I get that there weren't a lot of these guys made, and I haven't been able to find any floor plans or other useful information on the interweb.

What is the going price for 1980s boats like this in reasonable condition?

Thanks.

Think I was talking to the same owner yesterday about this same boat. Since I can't get get into Canada to look at any of these boats, I haven' made an offer on them.

From what I can determine, it looks like the 310's aft cabin is very small and extends aft under the cockpit area. As the owner told me his 16 yo granddaughter stayed there, but it was tight for her. From some pictures I have seen, it looks very tight and most use the space as storage. The 300 doesn't have the space, so I believe the dinette is a bit longer.

This also was one of the first that I have seen with a diesel engine. Some things that makes me wonder, I was told that the boat had a 32 US gallon holding tank, 200 US gallons of fuel, but only 26 gallons of fresh water. I was told that they drink water from the lake after running it through filters, and that the tank was aft near the steering gear.

I though the price was a bit high, but considering it came with a dinghy w/motor, complete canvas, and had a Yanmar diesel makes me think it was priced reasonably. If I could get into Canada I would try to buy the boat. I think it would be a great Loop boat.

Just came across a Campion 310 for sale near me and it looks like a good choice for a singlehander who isn't planning any major trips (the seller claims they have just come back from taking it on the Great Loop).

Can anyone out there explain the difference between the 300 and the 310? I know the 310 has the aft cabin that looks like a lot to a coffin to me, but were does that extra space go in a 300 model?

I get that there weren't a lot of these guys made, and I haven't been able to find any floor plans or other useful information on the interweb.

What is the going price for 1980s boats like this in reasonable condition?

Thanks.

Hey, Did you end up buying the 310? We talked to them a bit on Kijiji and were supposed to view the boat, but made the decision on a Campion 300 that was located in Georgian Bay. I would love to find other Campion owners.

I think thee boat was sold s I haven't seen it in Kijiji for a couple of months. I'm still interested if you see another one come up for sale. As far as I can tell the big difference is the SMALL aft cabin. I think it takes some room from the engine room and then goes under the cockpit area. Although very small, I think it would be a good place to store paper towel/toilet paper, bulky light stuff. One picture I saw, looks like they used it for a hanging locker as well.

Hey, Did you end up buying the 310? We talked to them a bit on Kijiji and were supposed to view the boat, but made the decision on a Campion 300 that was located in Georgian Bay. I would love to find other Campion owners.

I did not. As a single-handed sailor I have decided to go for something that has direct access to the side decks to make it easier to dock the boat. I have been looking at a couple of Marine Trader Sedan 34s, but I would sure like to take a look at an Eagle 32 if I can find one in the Great Lakes area.

Hope you are enjoying your purchase.

Americans can't go to Canada to look at boats, not sure if Canadians can come to the US to look at a boat. That is the main reason I didn't go look at that boat in Canada, and I don't think it wise to buy a boat sight unseen. I'm still looking as I want to do the loop, if not this summer, then next summer.

Hi I just set up a Campion Trawlers group on Facebook. Only 2 of us so far but you are welcome to join.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/campiontrawler

Aft Cabin on Campion 310

Here is a photo of the aft cabin on my '82 310. The sleeping cabin is 44"w 44"h 84"deep. Notice the two port opening windows in the hull. This was original from the factory, in lieu of the Port side fuel tank. I chose to relocate all my 12v battery, charging and inverter equipment in the front section for easier access. The remainder we use as a storage room.
343092254_1344429106414244_7075403928953107559_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom