Old 01-03-2022, 04:52 PM   #101
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannc View Post
I would add that understanding the political, legal, cultural and economic situation in the boat builder's country is very important.

Later,
Dan
I would agree with that as we deal often with changing climates in that regard. Our previous Italian built boats were in inventory sitting in Fort Lauderdale and that was easy. However, the most recent was an extended build and we actually set up an Italian company to contract and used an Italian attorney. Sounds like a bit much, but think back to the Sunseeker buyers who purchased from Rick Obey who had a dispute with Sunseeker and never, in their judgement, paid them for the boat. Only reason Kakawi had a simpler task collecting from Marlow was that the entanglement of companies was so confusing that even Marlow didn't know, so technically wrote the order in a non existing entity. Couldn't then asset what entity they wanted it in.

In many cases the company selling to you is not the builder. A lot of boat building in the UK and they were suddenly hit with the challenge of figuring out Brexit.

As critical as I am of Marine Max, one strength in buying from them and now from OneWater Yacht Group as well is that both are publicly traded companies and likely stronger than the builder. OneWater now handles Sunseeker, Riviera, Absolute, Prestige, Belize and Chris Craft. Marine Max handles Azimut, Ocean Alexander, Galeon, Sea Ray, Aquila, Aviara, Harris, and Boston Whaler.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 04:08 AM   #102
Veteran Member

City: Manly qld
I see Nautistyles on YouTube have ordered a Bering 77 huge upgrade for them from the Bayliner Carver 444 knock off, they seem to know there way around a boat build and the industry, I find it interesting they choose Bering for there new build, to be honest I am seriously contemplating a new build having correspondence with both Fleming, Nordahvn and Bering and I am seriously focused on the Bering 77 hybrid option at the moment and I am off to Turkey later this month to finalise a short list of 130 questions I have compiled and have full confidence in Bering answering my questions in person thus far from the standard of information being followed thus far on the road to a sale, both Fleming and Nordahvn I found the sales teams to be disappointing to say the least ….Bering seems to be winning in all facets atm on my new build journey and hope to seal a deal over the next month ��
Mobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 01:09 PM   #103

City: Ballard
Vessel Model: 1998 RealShips Voyager
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobcat View Post
I see Nautistyles on YouTube have ordered a Bering 77 huge upgrade for them from the Bayliner Carver 444 knock off, they seem to know there way around a boat build and the industry, I find it interesting they choose Bering for there new build, to be honest I am seriously contemplating a new build having correspondence with both Fleming, Nordahvn and Bering and I am seriously focused on the Bering 77 hybrid option at the moment and I am off to Turkey later this month to finalise a short list of 130 questions I have compiled and have full confidence in Bering answering my questions in person thus far from the standard of information being followed thus far on the road to a sale, both Fleming and Nordahvn I found the sales teams to be disappointing to say the least Ö.Bering seems to be winning in all facets atm on my new build journey and hope to seal a deal over the next month ��
I am a big fan of Bering (or should I say steel) and have seen all the Bering reviews on Nautistyles-very well done. I love all the well thought out details on the Bering. Curious about the consideration of the Fleming. No where near the same class as the Bering, or Nordhavn. I hope you keep posting on your progress and good luck.
Mac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 06:30 PM   #104
Veteran Member

City: Manly qld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac2 View Post
I am a big fan of Bering (or should I say steel) and have seen all the Bering reviews on Nautistyles-very well done. I love all the well thought out details on the Bering. Curious about the consideration of the Fleming. No where near the same class as the Bering, or Nordhavn. I hope you keep posting on your progress and good luck.
Hi Mac.
It seems we share a opinion in the steel elk, imo there simply is no other Ö. I have been in the seafood industry my whole life now at the tail end of the gig and ready to just cruise with a relative young family on extended journeys around the Pacific and eventually beyond and money is a issue as I want value but also want whatís needed without the what seems the $1.5m over allowance on the N69 and Fleming 65 , Iíve been lucky enough to be invited on Veronica when she was at GCCM and I must admit makes a Fleming and Nordahvn look like a over priced after thought in comparison on the surface, and from talking to the crew on Veronica she is a very very capable vessel in big seas, We have a N69 at Manly itís a lovely boat and was firm on my new boat list but value for money wise PAE have priced them self out of the market there simply not worth what they are currently charging for a Chinese built fibreglass boat.
It sure is a interesting process a new boat build having done it many times with commercial vessels and with a rec boat it just ramps up the complexityís and comfort level, luxuries, etc etc etc etc so it will be a interesting trip to Bering headquarters and have a very close look under the covers of the build line as I have been promised, and we are chartering a Numarine 22XP whilst there so that will tell a story in it self but I do prefer atm a aluminium superstructure so Bering is also winning there,.
Mobcat is offline   Reply With Quote