Would like info on Fales original configuration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Parts Unknown

Vessel Name
DABBLER
Vessel Make
Fales Navigator
New to the forum. The wife and I bought a 32’ 1975 Fales Navigator, #43, about 3 months ago. We intend to refurbish it and sail the Loops, Intercostal, and Bahamas in about 10 years when we retire.
So far we’ve done a lot of cleaning, flushed tanks, changed oils and filters, installed a Walker Airsep, installed a new voltage regulator, changed an injector, repaired wiring and are becoming familiar with the boat and sailing it.

Our Fales has been changes a little by previous owners, and I would like to find out about the original configuration. Any help is appreciated.
A 15 gal waste tank is currently mounted in the aft under the cockpit. I know that the original waste tank was behind the head.
How big was the original waste tank and how was it was it configured? Did all waste go to the tank with the tank plumbed to the seacock?
How was the main sheet originally rigged through the pulleys, that are port and starboard of the cockpit?
How was the outhaul originally rigged?

Our Fales has the benched seats removed, which we like because we can look aft from the inside the pilothouse. I would also like to hear about any other Fales modifications that have worked for others.

Wasn't this design also built by Willard? There could be applicable information found by searching that too.

I looked at a few of these boats. Safe to say that there are no two alike, especially after 40 years. And Fales was never big on leaving a well marked trail - think he copied Willard's brochure as well as their boat :). Just make it yours however you see fit.

Thanks for the responses.

I am familiar with the history of Fales and Willard, that my Fales came from a Willard mold that was stretched 2’, and that they are similar.

We do intend in outfitting our boat to suit us, but knowing how the boat was originally laid out and modifications that have worked for others would help us in configuration our boat.

I’m still hoping to hear about the original main sheet and waste tank layout.

[FONT=&quot]Thanks[/FONT]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom