Willard 36 sedan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lostsailor13

Vessel Name
Broadbill
Vessel Make
Willard 36
Took ownership of broadbill this weekend and steamed her from safe harbor Rhode island though the Cape cod canal then onto Gloucester, was a perfect 100 mile shakedown run,ran the Detroit at 1500 getting 7.5 seemed to be her sweet spot,such a rugged hull

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat. We will need photos.

Welcome Lostsailor13 - both here and the Willard Boat Owners Group (Peter here, moderator). TrawlerForum is an excellent resource for general technical knowledge. There are a couple other W36 owners (Brooksie and Island Cessna) who are fairly active on this group, as well as a few other Willard owners including Nomad Willy (W30 Nomad - no flybridge), and a few W40's (AKDoug, and Sven who's handle escapes me, also a recovering sailor who recently purchased a W40).

Best success on your new-to-you boat. It's a great choice. And welcome to the Forum

Peter

A Willard 36 with a Detroit, sounds like a good combination.

I WISH mine was a 40, but it's a PH30.... I have a friend looking at two available 40's however. Congratulations on your new boat!

Broadbill 36 vega sedan

Home sweet home

Attachments

• 20201103_061146.jpg
    20201103_061146.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 28
Portsmouth in safe harbor bought her from the saltiest old mariner I've ever met,was the caretaker of broadbill for 30 years and there us not one mechanically messed up think onnthis boat it's all cosmetic,I have some huge shoes to fill

Broadbill 36 vega sedan

There still remnants of the old bendix autopilot crazy old school might actually have been one of the first auto pilots even invented

On second year with Broadbill have added Dickinson heater,Chinese diesel heater,insulated v berth,Victron solar and battery charger,radar,3D sonar,chart plotter,gulf coast fuel polishing system,air conditioning,4 new 6 volt 370 ah batteries,new Morse cables,water pump on Detroit,rebuilt v berth configuration adding California closet,stidd helmsman chair,propane stove,plus many many hrs of general love

Sounds like a lot of work. How do you like the diesel heater? I replaced my worn out Webasto with one and have zero complaints other than its quieter, uses less fuel and doesn't smoke!

Back
Top Bottom