WILLARD 36' "pilot House" TRUCK transporting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ojai

To truck a rare 36' Pilot house model requires the HOUSE removal. A successful practice, although rare.
SEEKING INFO:
1. Where to cut ( section ) the pilot house structure to remove?
2. Years past, posted pictures of this "cut" and of the Hull (minus the pilot house) while sitting on a low-boy trailer. This can help us to truck transport.
3. Hoping the archives will uncover some help.
4. Also, any prints or insights are valued,

Thank you in advance for your assist.
. Steve.......... EM: fleetpacificinc@aol.com

Another means of transport might avoid cutting anything. Maybe rail or ship?

36’ pilothouse transport

First, a big thanks for taking the time to respond.

Unfortunately the alternates are not feasible. I remember that Willard was required to cut the pilot house for the 1-2 times they trucked this model —-also because other methods were problematic.

Rail was a consideration but even the railroad was not too crazy about a 16’ vessel sitting on a welded frame—strapped onto one of their new drop frame flatbeds.

Willard does not have any recall or info about this situation. Steve

Cold-smoked 36’ p . House

Another big thank you!

My daughter linked me to Facebook and the info was A-1 related to the pilot house on a trailer.

I am not on facebook so she helped. Also, there were so many other Willard pictures / comments I was really surprised.

Is there a way to access all the other Willard info from othe boaters that I observed on the Facebook you directed me —- without going on Facebook??

Again thank you , every bit of info is a plus!Steve

The Willard Boats site is back online now. Also, there is a very active Yahoo Willard Group, going back many years now, with very helpful and knowledgeable owners. (Follow the link from willardboats.org, and you’ll need to setup a Yahoo account in order to join the group.)

Http://willardboats.org

+1 for what Rick says.
Very very fine source of info.

The 36 Pilot House has a bolt together flange at deck level of the pilot house. It is hard to find keep looking under consel.
Don Souza

The 36 Pilot House has a bolt together flange at deck level of the pilot house. It is hard to find keep looking under consel.
Don Souza
Hi Don. I'm surprised the W36PH needs the PH removed to stay under 13.5'. BTW - a W36 Sedan was recently trucked from Newport Beach CA to somewhere in Puget Sound area. She was slightly over 13.5 feet and required some special permits, but was doable without surgery.

Best place for this info is Willard Boat Owners Group on groups.io

Back
Top Bottom