Need help on mission Willard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Al

Guru
Vessel Name
'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Make
1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Greetings to the Willard Forum.

The following has been posted in our local paper and is of interest:

“Please help me find my boat!!
This notice is I regards to the M.V. Silver Lady, a 51 foot Willard Pilothouse (blue hull) that is currently missing. Steve Haggitt, who is doing busines as Haggitt Consulting Environmental Services, has been fulfilling contracts at various ports in S.E. Alaska with this vessel. Any information have about “Silver Lady”, it whereabouts or where you may have seen her would be very much appreciated. Please call: Marlene Dulin, 509-470-6318 or 509-293-1190”

Sounds like a maritime mystery!!

Al- Ketchikan (Bridge to Nowhere) Alaska

Greetings to the Willard Forum.

The following has been posted in our local paper and is of interest:

“Please help me find my boat!!
This notice is I regards to the M.V. Silver Lady, a 51 foot Willard Pilothouse (blue hull) that is currently missing. Steve Haggitt, who is doing busines as Haggitt Consulting Environmental Services, has been fulfilling contracts at various ports in S.E. Alaska with this vessel. Any information have about “Silver Lady”, it whereabouts or where you may have seen her would be very much appreciated. Please call: Marlene Dulin, 509-470-6318 or 509-293-1190”

Sounds like a maritime mystery!!

Al- Ketchikan (Bridge to Nowhere) Alaska

Pretty easy to find the boat if you are this legal owner.

Just fax a copy of your document to the ports in the area and ask then t be on the look out.. The boat has to turn up eventually.

Hi Kevin- Gallon of Rustolum any color but blue, subtle changes to structure sort of like WW11 when "Q" ships made changes to fool the enemy or harbor masters. I am of the opinion that the collection of transit moorage overrides any interest in playing detective on visiting boats unless like myself and perhaps you and TrawlerForum members, who are die hard harbor watchers.
We all know Willards. When they come into our harbors we will take note, not so from my perspective, harbor master employees who in the summer are temps who don't know or recognize one white plastic boat from another hence I'd paint it white, phony AK numbers and or change the name voila home free .

Damn! literary frustrations kicking in, better write a book!

Al

Unfortunately a 51' Willard will have little resemblance to what we would usually recognize as a Willard.
Was this vessel stolen, or is there a business/domestic dispute involved?

"Please Help Me Find My Boat", heads the quoted advert.
Just wondering, is there a 5K reward?:angel:;)

These missing boat posts, when they occasionally arrive are never as simple as the OP indicates.

They seem to be more civil than criminal issues where the person on the boat may not have fulfilled their obligations to the owner.

I'm assuming here... but if a USCG documented vessel was for example stolen (the op never said stolen, they said "missing" and "my boat" ) I would file a criminal complaint with the USCG and the Alaska State Troopers, and even the Canadian authorities. I would also fax every harbor in Southeast Alaska. The boat might get painted, it might get slightly modified but it would eventually get found.

Alaska might be large geographically, and southeast Alaska does include allot of area, but there are only so many places a boat that size can berth. It will eventually need fuel, and provisions, and there are not allot of places to get those things in Southeast.

Last edited:
Steve Haggitt is a contractor with several contracts with State (Alaska) and Feds. Most probably "bonded". Make claim against bonding company and they will find the vessel and Mr. Haggitt.

Harbor950- Holy Crap!!!:banghead: The dam boat was in my back yard over a month ago!!! Thanks for the post, I watched that boat which anchored in Ward Cove on several days off and on. I admired the boat for its style. The condition of the boat leaves something to be desired as there appeared to be articles abound over the top and on the stern leading one to believe in poor house keeping. It would travel from Ward Cove to Ketchikan at a very low rate of speed then return to anchor. :blush:
Kevin, You are correct, I was joshing with you on what could transpire and now knowing the boat IS in Southeast your points are will taken.
Thinking of the best way to pass the word and wondering if a suggestion to the owner to use Craigslist for Southeast Alaska AND contrary to my remarks, contact the Harbor departments in Wrangell, Craig, Petersburg, Juneau, Hoonah, Haines and Skagway. I will call the owner and suggest these.
On the other hand, perhaps she has insurance. Another direction--:dance:

Al-Ketchikan (Bridge to Nowhere) Alaska

UPDATE!!!

Called the owner- She indicated that she has located the boat in an undisclosed location not wanting to jeopardize any chance of closure. Has a repossession agent on the case. Has not been paid (2 years!!) is a big piece of the issue. No- No insurance.
As to the forum- case closed unless- - - - - - - :eek:

Al

AND ANOTHER UPDATE: After leaving the above post I ventured to our SouthEast Craigslist and found the following advertisement. Note that the time of posting on Craigslist is 11 hours ago. So if the owner is hot on the trail I can see the justification in not reveling the location. TrawlerForum rocks!!

Al

Help me find my boat (Southeast)

image 1image 2image 3

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map) (yahoo map)

Please help me find my boat. I am a 82 year old widow, I sold my 51' Willard on time 2 years ago and the fellow has not paid me. He is now moving the boat around Southeast, one step ahead of the troopers. The boat is a 51' Willard Pilothouse, M/V Silver Lady, DARK BLUE HULL, Portuguese bridge, It was last seen in Hoonah. If you see it, or know of the boat, call me at 509 four70 6318 or 509 two93 7190 or respond to this ad by email. I can offer a small reward for information leading to the recovery of my boat and really, really appreciate any news or help that you can offer. After all who cheats little old ladies??? here's some pictures before the hull was painted blue.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 4541642966 posted: 11 hours ago email to friend ♥ best of [?]
Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks,

Having purchased a repossessed boat I know that recovering the boat is as easy as going and getting it, if there is a maritime lien filed against it.

Then there are a number of forms that need to be completed, along with affidavits of non payment and the boat can be sold.

I bought my current boat from a bank that hired a repo agent to go get it along the Oregon Coast and bring it to Seattle.

Update! :angel: Owner has re-advertised in our local paper her same advertisement. The boat is still missing. I am beginning to think "Sunk"by reason of intentions. Just saying:dance:

Al

I think the boat is in Seward ak on z float

Not blue, white like in the boat shed photos

I called the lady this morning, and told her where I thought the boat was.

She says she sold it owner financed but kept the documentation in her name. Says the buyer hasnt paid her in 2 years.

I told her that there is a USCG cutter tied up not a hundred feet from the boat, and she might give them a call.

Good show Kevin! When viewed in Ketchikan from a distant the boat appeared to be shabby. Stuff haphazard about. Easy to put cheap paint job on and hide during the height of the boating season with so many visiting unknown boats coming and going.
Al

Can't be absolutely sure but it looks like the same model.

To repo it I think she needs to somehow take possession. If the guy is not on the boat its easy.

If the guy is on the boat I don't know how she would go about it.

I know how I would do it though. :) I'm an Alaskan.

In reality I'd probably chain the boat to the dock, or get the Coast Guard involved. If the documentation is in her name I think she could just declare it stolen.

No payments in two years makes me wonder why she hasn't called it in as stolen yet. Probably some legal-eeze reason.

I must be part Alaskan at heart :)

No payments in two years makes me wonder why she hasn't called it in as stolen yet. Probably some legal-eeze reason.

I must be part Alaskan at heart :)

Yep...

I'd board the boat, with my holstered sidearm and my German Sheperd.

The laws of Alaska are clear. I have the legal right to protect my life and property, and I would exercise that right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom