Yanmar 6LPA after market alarm panel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rgano

Guru
Vessel Name
FROLIC
Vessel Make
Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
Sometime ago I posted about an alarm silence switch I installed on my boat showing a photo of the switch alongside the Seaward after market alarm panel I had previously installed. I thought I had given details of the installation but cannot find same here. So here they are.

This boat came with no alarm indicator lights for any of the six different alarm switches on its Yanmar 6LPA-STP 315 HP engine. Mainship required Yanmar to wire them up to a single piezo-electric buzzer leaving the operator only the oil pressure and the coolant temperature gauges to look to for clues when the buzzer sounded. Mainship should have used the Yanmar engine panel which has all the "idiot lights." as well as more extensive instrumentation.

Sooo, I found the pictured Seaward light panel on eBay and installed it. Because there was no harness and coupler on the boat matching the Seaward panel, and access to wherever the alarm wires go on the boat is impossible, I was obliged to run the individual alarm switch wires from the aft end of the engine up to the helm console.

With a wiring diagram of the engine in hand, I was able to find the color-coded wires of the alarms at the aft end on the engine where they entered a pair of couplers. I did not want to disturb the existing set up; I only wanted to add the function of a discrete indicator light for each alarm.

I simply "teed" into each alarm wire and placed a diode in the wires leading to the buzzer from the tee so that one alarm grounding out would not light all six lights.

I have a simplified Excel wiring diagram for interested parties.

Attachments

• DSC00726.jpg
    DSC00726.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 193
Temp.

Nice work! Can you share your XCL file?

Here it is as a .pdf

Attachments

• Mainship 30PII Engine alarms.pdf
    311.8 KB · Views: 116
Back
Top Bottom