Old 07-05-2017, 09:24 AM   #1

City: Falmouth Ma
Wiring Diagram for Pilot II 30

Does anyone know if there is a wiring diagram available for the Mainship pilot II 30? I am the original owner of a 04 Pilot and have all the pretty much useless factory diagrams of where stuff is located on the boat. The question arises after an issue with the factory installed nextgen generator melted a 14/2 un-labeled 12 V supply wire running to the generator. The wire initially drops into the bilge, and then reverses direction and runs behind the generator and up the starboard side somewhere. My thought is the it might be running over to the built in fire protection box; but this is just speculation. There is nothing left of the wire for ohm meter testing, so that thought is out. A lot of the wiring in the boat is labeled with what circuit it goes to, which is nice. This one unfortunately is unlabeled. The generator does run fine and still produces power. Interestingly, just to confuse me even more, They use a Green/yellow wire for the glow plug circuit. I kept looking at that one trying to figure out why "safety ground" was running into a relay. Only later after pulling back the ribbed shield on the harness did I see the Green/yellow labeled glow plug circuit. You can now understand my desire for some form of schematic.

Thanks
Steve Harris

04 Pilot 30

Vicki Z
Vicki Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:47 AM   #2
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Welcome aboard.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:41 AM   #3
Valued Technical Contributor

City: Litchfield, Ct
Main ship only publishes the Mickey Mouse location diagrams.

But the NextGen manual gives all of the wiring for the genset which may help. I believe you can download it from the NextGen site if you don't have it or send me your email address.

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:10 PM   #4
Guru

City: Southport, FL near Panama City
Vessel Name: FROLIC
Vessel Model: Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
I think you would profit from looking at my article here on how I resolved this particular problem last year on my 2005 30PII. Call me at 850-596-3824 if you cannot find the article by searching here for articles by rgano.

Rich
rgano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 02:25 PM   #5

City: Tiverton
Vessel Name: Janice E.
Vessel Model: Mainship Pilot II 30
Does anyone know where to find the wiring diagram for 2004 Mainship Pilot 30 ? We are trying to install the windlass and being able to see where everything goes would be much easier. Thank you
Kabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:28 PM   #6
Guru

City: Gig Harbor
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabar View Post
Does anyone know where to find the wiring diagram for 2004 Mainship Pilot 30 ? We are trying to install the windlass and being able to see where everything goes would be much easier. Thank you

In my limited experience, a factory supplied wiring diagram is mere suggestion as to how the boat may be wired after an owner has had the boat for a few months. It can be useful, but not relied upon. It can take a while, but crawling around the boat tracing wires is likely your best bet. You will find out how the boat is wired now and give you the change to spot any possible problems.

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:32 PM   #7
Valued Technical Contributor

City: Litchfield, Ct
I used to have a Pilot 34 and can describe better how the windlass was wired than anything you will get from Mainship- Mickey Mouse diagrams. But I don't know if the 30 is the same.

There is a main DC panel in the engine room. It has a 75A breaker for the windlass. From that breaker, a #1 or 1/0 gauge red wire and a similar size black ground goes forward to the compartment underneath the bow hatch where it connects with the windlass solenoid. Then to the windlass motor.

Two separate sets of control wires (three wires each) for the solenoids connect to the foot switches at the bow and the rocker switch on the helm. Power for these is provided by a switch at the helm which gets its power from one of the inside DC panel breakers.

So assuming you have the same engine room panel, look for the windlass labeled position which may or may not already have a breaker there. Then run the wiring as above.

The foregoing assumes you have a solenoid controlled windlass which is the only way you will be able to control it from the bow and the helm. Obviously check with the manufacturer's installation instructions. It may only talk about one set of control wires to the bow foot switches, but the set to the helm runs in parallel to those.

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote