Windshield wiper motor measurement help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mncruiser

Vessel Name
Phoenix
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
Need some help. 2001 Mainship 390. Looking for two measurements of the windshield wiper motor:
1. Length of shaft - It's either 1.5" or 2.5". You may have to guess. Need base of motor to tip of shaft..your best guess is ok!
2. Length of case
See attached picture for reference (orange lines is what I need)

Pic-
attachment.php

THANK YOU!

Attachments

• wiper pic.jpg
    wiper pic.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 60
hi,

i've replaced these afi wipers on our pilot 34 and on another make of boat. unless you've removed the wiper motor from the boat or mainship has it documented somewhere you won't know shaft length because it depends on the bulkhead thickness. if i had to guess i'd say 2.5" but i wouldn't buy it based on that. also, afi made at least 2 versions of the motor with slightly different dimensions.

Thanks for the reply.

Through some research I figured out the motors are AFI 1000 motors, attached to pantograph wipers.

Marinco/AFI tech (very helpful and responsive) said the 1000 motors aren’t to be used with the pantograph wipers, the motors are only designed to handle straight blades.

Might explain why all 3 of mine are burned out!

I’m replacing one motor until I get to home slip, then will look at replacing everything. Hard to measure and be accurate 10 hours away!

Thanks again for the help!

Back
Top Bottom