wife bought me a new boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atunkiller

2008 with less than 200 hours yes thats her standing next to it :thumb:

Attachments

• my boat.jpg
    my boat.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,365
Congrats on your new boat. Enjoy it and also your awesome wife.

Wow! A wife with less than 200 hrs on her......Hmm better not go there. Welcome and enjoy that boat, take good care of the wife also.

Very nice . I love those hardtop 34’s

Wow! A wife with less than 200 hrs on her......Hmm better not go there. Welcome and enjoy that boat, take good care of the wife also.

I was more wondering about the 2008 wife - that makes her about 10 years old....:D

Curious what led you to a hard top model, ie no fly bridge. I certainly appreciate the virtues of steering from a lower helm in cold or bad weather. I went from a Mainship 34T (the fly bridge version of your boat) in SoCal where 99% of the time we steered from the top to a Pilot 34 with no fly bridge when we moved to Connecticut where the warmer, more protected lower helm was appreciated.

BTW, I love the cabin space of the 34T or the 34HT. We picked the Pilot 34 for its better cruising speed, the boat's downeaster image and the fact that used 34HTs were few and far between. But I missed that huge main salon while hanging out at anchor.

Where do you boat and what led to the no fly bridge decision?

David

Last edited:
I didn’t even notice it didn’t have a FB. Just don’t think about them unless it’s part of a conversation.
With the hull and running gear as designed she sure has a shallow draft. You’ll be sniff’in around in some shallow waters indeed.
Oh .. nice wife too. I’ve learned from TF posts that there’s lots of really wonderful wives here.
And disregard Dave’s “it” comment. Think he got his words fliped. But refering to your wife as “the wife” you’re not guilty of. :hide:

Curious what led you to a hard top model, ie no fly bridge. I certainly appreciate the virtues of steering from a lower helm in cold or bad weather. I went from a Mainship 34T (the fly bridge version of your boat) in SoCal where 99% of the time we steered from the top to a Pilot 34 with no fly bridge when we moved to Connecticut where the warmer, more protected lower helm was appreciated.

BTW, I love the cabin space of the 34T or the 34HT. We picked the Pilot 34 for its better cruising speed, the boat's downeaster image and the fact that used 34HTs were few and far between. But I missed that huge main salon while hanging out at anchor.

Where do you boat and what led to the no fly bridge decision?

David

Great Question. the main reason was wifes comfort, when you have a fly bridge everything is magnified through the boat especially at anchor. and second the fly bridge is a huge windsock.

Thats because whats her's is her's and whats your's is hers too.

I see that you have been very well trained - or married a long time.:lol:

We too have a 2008 Mainship hard top with twin Yanmar diesels. Very comfortable sea worthy trawler. Believe your wife made a good choice on the boat that is...?

On a similar note, we were shopping for a 48 footer this year. Looked at several boats. Then my broker suggested we look at a 55 he had. My wife says "I like the big one" So we got the big one!!

Yes wives do enter into the decision making process in most all purchases..
After isn’t bigger better?��

There is nothing more exciting than getting a new boat, congrats. that buzz you get looking when you think you have found something ... the excitement when your offer gets accepted and then that first car ride out to get it.

Look forward to hearing about the journey ahead :)

2008 with less than 200 hours yes thats her standing next to it :thumb:

My dream boat. There's someone standing next to her? All I see is boat. :smitten:

Gotta post that pic again in full size.

attachment.php

Crap! Forum resized it.

It's also good to see a boat without a huge forehead. I mean flybridge.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom