Table in Main Salon, MS 400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newtrawlerowner

Vessel Name
PartnerShip II
Vessel Make
2003 Mainship 400
The previous owner removed the table in the main salon and I would like to install one.
Could one of you 400 owners give me a size?
The best I can tell it about 56X26.
Also where can I get a table made?

I'm not familiar with the MS 400 but I do know the hi-lo table in our MS 34HT/T was supplied by Gioia Sails NJ & FL. They supplied much of the MS furniture and other soft goods.
The part info, supplier and picture is available from the MS 34T BOM. Info on access in the sticky at top of the M-Mainship section.

I'm not familiar with the MS 400 but I do know the hi-lo table in our MS 34HT/T was supplied by Gioia Sails NJ & FL. They supplied much of the MS furniture and other soft goods.
The part info, supplier and picture is available from the MS 34T BOM. Info on access in the sticky at top of the M-Mainship section.

No table but the other information is valuable. Thank You!!!

Here is the screen shot of the BOM (memory failed me as supplier not Gioia) as well as the MS part Pic and a couple shots of the actual table w/ base & top attached. Not sure who supplied the base & top but Gioia did supply a lot of the other furniture. The top has one drop leaf and top slides to drop the leaf.

Attachments

• BOM Hi Lo Table.png
    BOM Hi Lo Table.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 1004311.JPG
    1004311.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Chair 2.jpg
    Chair 2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 27
  • MS34HT11.jpg
    MS34HT11.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 22
Here is the screen shot of the BOM (memory failed me as supplier not Gioia) as well as the MS part Pic and a couple shots of the actual table w/ base & top attached. Not sure who supplied the base & top but Gioia did supply a lot of the other furniture. The top has one drop leaf and top slides to drop the leaf.

Thanks Don. This helps.

The previous owner removed the table in the main salon and I would like to install one.
Could one of you 400 owners give me a size?
The best I can tell it about 56X26.
Also where can I get a table made?

Question:
Do you have the support? Bench in place? Is there a step about midpoint under the table... 3" drop?

A pic of what you have might help.

I recently removed and reinstalled that table, and with some of the original parts, would be fairly easy. That support has a 90d bend on the edge of the base that wraps the step, so probably hard to resource.

And, you might consider adding the storage below the bench seat at the same time.

Sold the boat, and the new guy reworked the table into a corner table. If interested, I'll get pix.

That's a nice table, but totally different than the original table on a 400.

That's a nice table, but totally different than the original table on a 400.
Only other approach I can Daggett is to scan the part pics from other than 34T model. Unfortunately I have no BOMs so not searchable and only way is to bring up the thumbnail files and scan through them.

I'll try to get some measurements tomorrow. The table is simply a piece of finished wood on, it appears to me, a stock looking pedestal. As I recall, the base plate is trimmed so it can fit on the step up. I'll take some pics.

Question:
Do you have the support? Bench in place? Is there a step about midpoint under the table... 3" drop?

A pic of what you have might help.

I recently removed and reinstalled that table, and with some of the original parts, would be fairly easy. That support has a 90d bend on the edge of the base that wraps the step, so probably hard to resource.

And, you might consider adding the storage below the bench seat at the same time.

Sold the boat, and the new guy reworked the table into a corner table. If interested, I'll get pix.

Here are pictures before reclining seat removed and after that seat and platform were removed.

I found a company in Clearwater Florida that makes custom teak table tops. Price is reasonable too.

Attachments

• IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 21
  • Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Table is 27"x54". Photos attached.

Skip
Tampa20210923_104435.jpg20210923_104559.jpg20210923_104620.jpg

My local varnish guy refinished it.

Skip

I'll check it and let you know. Note that it is thicker around the edges.

Skip

One photo did not upload.View attachment 121596

Skip,
Thank you again for the details. This is very helpful.
I found a company in Tampa, FL that makes solid teak tables.

A couple more more questions.
What is the distance from the back wall of the bench to the edge of the table?
How do the bench seat back and wall cushions attach?

I'm thinking the seat back uses a similar attachment as the fly-bridge cushion backs using z shaped aluminum bracket.

Thank you again.

Skip,
Thank you again for the details. This is very helpful.
I found a company in Tampa, FL that makes solid teak tables.

A couple more more questions.
What is the distance from the back wall of the bench to the edge of the table?
How do the bench seat back and wall cushions attach?

I'm thinking the seat back uses a similar attachment as the fly-bridge cushion backs using z shaped aluminum bracket.

Thank you again.
I would be curious to know how much you will be charged for this if I may ask.

L

21 3/8"

When I bought the boat, the cushions were original and needed replacement, which I did. The back cushion was not attached. The new cushion came with heavy duty velcro for attachment, which I did not utilize. The cushion remains in place just fine without attachment. I'm from the school to not do something unless it is necessary.

I replaced the white plastic table that came standard in our Mainship with a solid teak one from this company. Very happy with the results, nice upgrade. Many styles to choose from. Custom built to your specs at a very resonable price. A local woodworker could not come close to the price I paid. Pick a style and dimensions that work for your boat, regardless of what the original was.

https://www.teakmarinewoodwork.com/tables.html

I replaced the white plastic table that came standard in our Mainship with a solid teak one from this company. Very happy with the results, nice upgrade. Many styles to choose from. Custom built to your specs at a very resonable price. A local woodworker could not come close to the price I paid. Pick a style and dimensions that work for your boat, regardless of what the original was.

https://www.teakmarinewoodwork.com/tables.html

Thanks for that information. From your response it sounds like this is the right company. I was also pleasantly surprised by the price.

We are trying to get a table for the main salon that folds down to give more room when not in use. I emailed the owner some specs and a rough drawing. Waiting for a response.

Thanks for that information. From your response it sounds like this is the right company. I was also pleasantly surprised by the price.

We are trying to get a table for the main salon that folds down to give more room when not in use. I emailed the owner some specs and a rough drawing. Waiting for a response.

A local marine woodworker said the materials alone would have cost him what I paid for the finished table. I can't copy pics from the website, but the one the works well for us is called "top-folding with compass rose and curbs". (I decided against the compass rose). But the table is rectangular 3 pieces. When folded up, the side pieces with curbs make for a conveninet small table for drinks or prepping food or whatever. When unfolded, its a larger flat rectangle for dining. I can take pics if I am at the boat soon. The mainship table folded into kind of a triangle that was still not easy to get around, this design works better for my boat. It's thick solid teak and a nice gloss finish of epoxy then varnish. Keep in mind they are made to order, so expect a couple months lead time. There are other companies that have some off-the-shelf tables that might work for you. I am happy I went this way.

Doug - When we got our MS 400 it had that plastic looking, thick, poured on finish that was cloudy and crazed. To get it off, I tried chemicals, sanding, heat. I found a chip and worked a chisle edge under it and just kept popping the old finish off. Sanded it and finished it with "Rock Hard Tabletop Varnish", high gloss. Found it at Wood Crafters.

Doug - When we got our MS 400 it had that plastic looking, thick, poured on finish that was cloudy and crazed. To get it off, I tried chemicals, sanding, heat. I found a chip and worked a chisle edge under it and just kept popping the old finish off. Sanded it and finished it with "Rock Hard Tabletop Varnish", high gloss. Found it at Wood Crafters.

Great information!!!! I was going to order the table unfinished and was just exploring finishing options. I'll take a look at this.

They do have designs where the sides fold down. We liked the style better where the sides fold up on top of the table, making it narrower but still very usable especially with the curbs added.

I would be curious to know how much you will be charged for this if I may ask.

L

Just got a price. Here are the details

AP Custom Teak, LLC
4401 112th Terrace N, Suite H
Clearwater, Florida 33762
813-843-9721
APCustomTeakLLC@gmail.com
http://www.marineteakfurnitureandwoodwork.com/
http://Facebook.com/marineteakfurniture/
www.Instagram.com/ap_customteakllc

Solid Teak Original Style Table Top 52L x 27” W x 2” T

· All materials will be First European Quality (FEQ) Teak Lumber.
· Table Top Body – 1” Thick
o The borders will be selected with closest matching grain and color.
o All individual boards will be joined using a spline connection and “West System G-Flex Epoxy”.
· A Peripheral Boarder will be 2” W x 2” T. The boarder pieces will be assembled to the center panel (Table body) via mortise and tenon joinery and “West System” G-Flex Epoxy.
There will be baking plate installed on the bottom for support pedestal ( please, specify dimensions and distance from outside edge of the Table Top.
· The Side next to the wall will be straight all the way across. The side far from the wall will have 6” radiuses on the corners. The peripheral top and bottom edges will be rounded over.
There will be additional Teak board attached to the straight side of the Table Top for mounting to the wall.
· Finish sanded, cleaned, and ready for application of finish coats.
· Finish Coats:
o Base Coats – 2-Part Clear Epoxy
o Top Coats – 2-Part Clear Polyurethane – Semi-Gloss Finish
Pricing:
Solid Teak Table Top with Semi-Gloss Finish: $1,425.00
Florida Sales Tax: 7%

Note:
The above price are valid for thirty (30) days from the date of this proposal.
Lead Time:
Typically, 6-7 weeks, dependent upon prior commitment and date of order entry.
Payment:
Via either Wire Transfer, a Check payable to AP Custom Teak, LLC or via CC (Discover, Visa, MC), Zelle, PayPal, Venmo.
60% Deposit with order
40% Balance when the components are ready for pickup.
Note: 3.0% added to all CC transactions.

Just got a price. Here are the details

AP Custom Teak, LLC
4401 112th Terrace N, Suite H
Clearwater, Florida 33762
813-843-9721
APCustomTeakLLC@gmail.com
http://www.marineteakfurnitureandwoodwork.com/
http://Facebook.com/marineteakfurniture/
www.Instagram.com/ap_customteakllc

Solid Teak Original Style Table Top 52L x 27” W x 2” T

· All materials will be First European Quality (FEQ) Teak Lumber.
· Table Top Body – 1” Thick
o The borders will be selected with closest matching grain and color.
o All individual boards will be joined using a spline connection and “West System G-Flex Epoxy”.
· A Peripheral Boarder will be 2” W x 2” T. The boarder pieces will be assembled to the center panel (Table body) via mortise and tenon joinery and “West System” G-Flex Epoxy.
There will be baking plate installed on the bottom for support pedestal ( please, specify dimensions and distance from outside edge of the Table Top.
· The Side next to the wall will be straight all the way across. The side far from the wall will have 6” radiuses on the corners. The peripheral top and bottom edges will be rounded over.
There will be additional Teak board attached to the straight side of the Table Top for mounting to the wall.
· Finish sanded, cleaned, and ready for application of finish coats.
· Finish Coats:
o Base Coats – 2-Part Clear Epoxy
o Top Coats – 2-Part Clear Polyurethane – Semi-Gloss Finish
Pricing:
Solid Teak Table Top with Semi-Gloss Finish: $1,425.00
Florida Sales Tax: 7%

Note:
The above price are valid for thirty (30) days from the date of this proposal.
Lead Time:
Typically, 6-7 weeks, dependent upon prior commitment and date of order entry.
Payment:
Via either Wire Transfer, a Check payable to AP Custom Teak, LLC or via CC (Discover, Visa, MC), Zelle, PayPal, Venmo.
60% Deposit with order
40% Balance when the components are ready for pickup.
Note: 3.0% added to all CC transactions.

Reasonable price IMO. Did you order?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom