ss exhaust elbow source?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duetto

Vessel Name
GEM
Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot 34
hi all,

this was discussed at length on yahoo forum but i've lost ability to get in. does anyone know the company who makes them?

It would help to know the make and model of your engine. The manufacturer sometimes sells the part.

If it is for a Mainship Pilot 34 which it seems to be from your signature, 99% of those came with either the Yanmar 6LY 370 or twin Yanmar 4LH 240s. Yanmar sells both the elbow and the water injection elbow. You can also find them on eBay, Chinese made of course but some have said that they are just as good as the OEM part.

And what is wrong with yours? I used to own that exact boat with the Yanmar single and the exhaust sytem was way too low to the water line which can let sea water back up into the elbow and turbo and corrode both. If that is your problem, let's discuss as I implemented a solution on mine.

David

Marine Manifold . Long Island NY. 11735. They will make you anything you want. SS, copper, monel. Ask for Paul. Good people

My boat came with a custom exhaust riser from these guys on the Cummins C 450 HP. Was very impressed with the quality of their fabrication, so I had them custom build one for my John Deere 4045TFM75. Couldn't be happier with the results!

DSCN1150.jpg

DSCN1095.jpg

https://www.marine-exhaust.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.main

Ted

Last edited:
HDI Marine has investment cast 316 replacements for many engines and gensets. They are very reasonably priced and the quality is excellent.

^^ that is HDI marine that I referenced. If you go direct to their website, you'll save a couple of bucks - they up their ebay prices to cover the ridiculous ebay selling charges.

Marine Manifold . Long Island NY. 11735. They will make you anything you want. SS, copper, monel. Ask for Paul. Good people

And here's a second on these guys. Very easy to work with. Send them your old one to use as a model.
Good luck.

Hi David,
I am dealing with the same problem my 2001. Mainship 30 Pilot.

Could you share your solution to water backing up to the turbo.

Thank you very much,

Rich Coppola

There's a number of Yanmar & others exhaust elbow and other parts on eBay.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom