Short-ish Haul, 34 Mark1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My injector pump was rebuild somewhat recently, i can look back in my briefcase full of receipts to find out. The transmission was also rebuilt but I believe it was done by the local mechanic and they failed to secure the output flange which led to the transmission leak I had, i am not impressed by any of the previous mechanic's work. I have no idea if the clutch plate was replaced at the time, based on everything else I have seen, I am guessing it wasn't.

I resealed my upper Hynautic H50 helm pump over the weekend and figured I would share my experience here. Mine was slowly seeping around the steering shaft due to hardening of the inner shaft seal, it never dripped onto the deck but there was steering fluid on the pump and the dash where it mounted. I failed to take pictures but there is a pretty good youtube video available that I watched first:

I didn't make that video, that is one I watched and found helpful.

The seal kit is readily available, I bought mine from amazon:

Amazon.com

There is a internal difference among the older and newer H50 helms with regards to the seals for the steering shaft but the kit includes the seals for either style. The helm that was resealed in the youtube video was not the one I had but the difference is very minor and you disassemble the helm the same way.

I'll probably start a new thread for off season maintenance. The boat is getting hauled out next week so I can get started on some fiberglass work prior to the weather getting cold and making projects difficult.

Back
Top Bottom