seacock replacement/30 Pilot ii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

browndog15

Hello,
Any advice on where to find a replacement seacock that feeds the yanmar cooling? The ball valve was stuck and cracked when trying to be massaged open. Thx

What size it the current seacock, that is the first thing you need to know. Then go to your favorite vendor, Defender, Jamestown Distributers, West Marine or whoever and see what they have. I assume you mean the seacock mounted on the hull. The brand of seacock isn’t that important as long as you pick a reputable brand.

Marine Hardware probably supplied the seacock as well as the sea strainers. I will look at mine for you tomorrow to see if there is some identifying data.

OK, I went out and found that my main engine seacock is a 2-inch Marine Hardware probably model BVLV2.000-FPHL (from their current catalog) which is threaded onto a through-hull. In the MH catalog, a "seacock" is a combination through-hull and valve all in one piece. In this case, the through-hull is just a fitting on the hull with a hole in it with threads allowing the attachment of the separately sold ball valve.

Back
Top Bottom