Replace table base in Mainship 30 Pilot II cabin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tamrow

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Chesapeake
Vessel Make
Mainship 30 Pilot II
I have a 2003 Mainship 30 Pilot II and would like some feedback about replacing the table socket base in the cabin from a raised socket base to an recessed base. The base in the upper cockpit is recessed. The reason is because we almost always have the table upstairs in the cockpit and the raised base down in the cabin is really in the way. Especially at night getting out of the bed. Landing on it and stubbing a toe is common. What I would like to know is do any of the other Mainship 30 Pilot II have a recessed base. Before I purchase one and cut a hole in the floor to fit it I’d like to know if there’s sufficient space below the floor to put it. The recessed version appears to go about 4” below the floor. So if there’s a stringer or something below I’ll need to live with the current raised base. The attached pictures give a better idea of what I’m talking about showing the raised base and recessed base.
(I have posted this question in other forums as well)
IMG_2017.jpgIMG_2018.jpgIMG_2020.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2019.jpg
    IMG_2019.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 37
We had the same issue with the cockpit table and just installed a Lagun table mount unit.

No base at all and the table swings on two 360 degree axis. Exceptionally well designed and of very high quality. We are very pleased with it.

PS. The table top in the video is ugly, try to ignore it :)

Back
Top Bottom