Old 01-30-2020, 12:23 PM   #21

City: Cape Cod, MA or Fort Myers, FL
Vessel Name: Osprey
Vessel Model: Her Shine. Newburyport
I’m in SW Florida Bimini top is a must, side curtains I don’t think so too hot... and if it’s raining you can’t see through the plastic anyways. I do have a lower helm with heat, AC and windshield wipers if needed. A cockpit cover is good to save seats, dash from the sun and most rain.
I’m a former New England boater and a Full enclosure was enjoyable
Capecodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:47 PM   #22

City: Abbotsford
Vessel Name: Between boats
Vessel Model: 38' C & L Puget Trawler
I did my own using a machine and great utube instructions from Sailrite...never sewn before in my life but had a great time doing it. See the album on my profile page. Also saved a boat load of cash. Had a friend make the hardtop.
Tangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:12 PM   #23
Veteran Member

City: Chesapeake
Vessel Name: Voyager 3
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen Manatee
Enclosure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtrawlerowner View Post
Looking at a 400 that needs the bimini replaced. I want to enclose with zippered isinglass. Anybody done this and what did you pay? Just looking for some idea of cost.
I replaced my complete Enclosure and got estimates from 7K to 13K. They all were using the same material except the Tenara thread. Use that thread it last a long time. Smiley faces w/o screens were in the 3 to 6 hundred range a piece. The isinglass comes in different weights and that can change the cost some. Every time you add a zipper it's about 100 or more dollars. If you add screens that will add some to each also.
Good luck and get estimates if possible.
Voyager3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:52 AM   #24

City: Ohio
Vessel Name: Seventh Sun III
Vessel Model: Mainship 400 2004
Doug,

We are in your area for a few months on the Loop on a Mainship 400.
Can you proved me withthe company name that did your canvas?
Thanks,
Ken
KenFarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:24 AM   #25

City: Delray Beach, FL and Denver, CO
Vessel Name: PartnerShip II
Vessel Model: 2003 Mainship 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFarst View Post
Doug,

We are in your area for a few months on the Loop on a Mainship 400.
Can you proved me withthe company name that did your canvas?
Thanks,
Ken

Ken,
I haven't done it yet. I just purchased and closed last week. I took the boat to a boatyard in Stuart to have the bottom painted.

The shop I will probably use is Boca Canvas. Really nice husband and wife team. Joe and Terry. 561-756-5483.
Newtrawlerowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:34 AM   #26

Quote:
Ken,
I haven't done it yet. I just purchased and closed last week. I took the boat to a boatyard in Stuart to have the bottom painted.

The shop I will probably use is Boca Canvas. Really nice husband and wife team. Joe and Terry. 561-756-5483.

Ken,
I have a favor of you. The 2003 Mainship I bought from the original owner doesn't have the port side bench and table just opposite the lower helm. He installed a power recliner.

The raised platform is there, but no table. I'll buy a pedestal and have a table built. Would you mind sending me the measurements of your table? I could also use several pictures of the table and bench. Both from the sides as well as the lower where the table attaches to the floor.
PM me and I'll send my email. You could upload onto Google Docs and share the address. Thank you in advance.

BTW need a dock to tie up in Delray Beach? I may be able to arrange a short stay at my condo slip. Its currently empty.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:59 PM   #27

City: Sassafras River, Maryland
Vessel Name: Seventh Sojourn
Vessel Model: Mainship 400
Quote:
Ken,
I have a favor of you. The 2003 Mainship I bought from the original owner doesn't have the port side bench and table just opposite the lower helm. He installed a power recliner.

The raised platform is there, but no table. I'll buy a pedestal and have a table built. Would you mind sending me the measurements of your table? I could also use several pictures of the table and bench. Both from the sides as well as the lower where the table attaches to the floor.
PM me and I'll send my email. You could upload onto Google Docs and share the address. Thank you in advance.

BTW need a dock to tie up in Delray Beach? I may be able to arrange a short stay at my condo slip. Its currently empty.
So the PO took out the entire dinette table and bench? That's a pretty radical mod!

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most. E.B. White
garmstro55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 01:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmstro55 View Post
So the PO took out the entire dinette table and bench? That's a pretty radical mod!

He bought the boat new and suspect he had them build up the platform and not install the table.

I bought the boat from a dealer that took it on trade, so not sure how it came to be.
Old 02-26-2020, 03:34 PM   #29

City: Sassafras River, Maryland
Vessel Name: Seventh Sojourn
Vessel Model: Mainship 400
Here are a couple photos of the table.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1138.jpg   DSCF6974.jpg  

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most. E.B. White
garmstro55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 04:09 PM   #30

I am not at boat. It is in Orange Beach and we are in Ohio. Pictures by Seventh Sojourn are exact. Hopefully he or someone on their boat can provide you the measurements.
Thanks
Ken
Old 02-27-2020, 08:31 AM   #31

Stamoid Bimini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougcole View Post
Our Stamoid Bimini and full enclosure came in around $6,000. We saved a little money by taking off the venturi windscreen, which is pretty much useless anyway, especially if you have an enclosure.

We also eliminated the smiley zippers on the aft panels and don't have a door. We left the door off to allow some ventilation, it's helped a lot.

What is the name of canvas company you used.
Thanks
Ken
Old 03-02-2020, 12:33 PM   #32
Guru

City: Carrabelle, FL
Vessel Name: Morgan
Vessel Model: '05 Mainship 40T
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFarst View Post
What is the name of canvas company you used.
Thanks
Ken

Hi Ken,

We used Steve Scrimsher, https://www.schrimsher.com/

Hey did a great job, I would use him again given the opportunity. Please note that though my profile says Carrabelle, our boat currently lives in Stuart, Florida. We live near Carrabelle.

To my knowledge, there is no reliable marine canvas person in Carrabelle, St. Marks, Tallahassee or Apalachicola.

If you are in C'belle, you might ask at Dockside Marine Systems. They might know someone.

Hope that helps.
Dougcole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bimini, flybridge enclosure