Prop size for 1999 Mainship Pilot 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it was corrected under warranty you would not be experiencing the vibration. One thing being fixed does not exclude the other possible concurrent causes postulated above.

I was not clear, they corrected boats with the 5 blade, mine was not one of those lucky boats...

I have heard people using from 17 inch to 22 inch. I am on this full time and I will post any results I get. I appreciate all of the input.

Beekeepergreg, if you are ever in the Keys let me know and I will take you for a ride. And show you my beehive! :)

There was an interesting thread on Facebook in the Mainship Owners Group about fairing the end of the keel, just below and especially above the prop shaft. Instead of a blunt trailing edge, a fairing was added that brought the keel to a point to reduce turbulence and keep water flow attached to the keel at the trailing edge. According to the owner, he gained some speed and also reduced vibration significantly. Basic hydrodynamics! Next time I haul, I'm going to look at this modification (which I had done once before on a sailboat).

I have a bolt on bearing housing. I wonder if we could make clamp pieces that could be removed if the bearing housing would need to be removed. Maybe extend the bolts. If the faring piece is no good just not use it. I might try to develop something this winter.
Greg
Mayrose

Attachments

• IMG_3013.jpg
    IMG_3013.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 27
Just to correct a mistake in my post above, the hp is 315 and not 370.

Back
Top Bottom