Pilot 34 Shelf?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duetto

Vessel Name
GEM
Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot 34
hi all,

we have a 2003 pilot 34. i would like to create a shelf on the galley side of the "window" between the galley and the v-berth area.

a friend with a 2006 model has a shelf which he thinks was from the factory. i would be interested in anyone who built there own.

thanks in advance.

I made a pair for our MS 34HT. Not a Pilot but you can find more details on my Bacchus website... Projects Pg3.

Hello John, do you have any photos of the shelf? We have an '05 Pilot, do you mean the narrow shelf running along the port side of the galley?

no, i'm thinking of a shelf large enough to hold our microwave. i'm thinking of having it attached to the bulkhead that divides the galley and v-berth. the 2003 pilot has a "window" thru this bulkhead. we had the standard microwave outboard of the stove. when it died we used the area for storage. we've since decided we want the microwave but not where it was. i see the bulkhead as "wasted" space and is a good candidate.

the shelf will have a "2x3" attached to the bulkhead and the shelf then is attached to this. at the outter end i'm thinking about rope from the top of the bulkhead to the outter end of the shelf. conceptually, it will look like a drawbridge.

We have cabinets in the salon for storage or stowage :) still deciding about removing the old tv but not sure on how best to use the space. IMG_0304.jpgIMG_0305.jpgIMG_0306.jpg

heh eastern shore, what make model of coffee maker do you have?

heh eastern shore, what make model of coffee maker do you have?

Black & Decker. We were fortunate that Claret came with all original manuals, Mainship and all other non Mainship items.

Attachments

• 425C080A-4D24-44EA-B9C1-C9A2C6A9DF60.jpg
    425C080A-4D24-44EA-B9C1-C9A2C6A9DF60.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 8
Good idea, thx. We don’t have cable though I guess we could get something from the internet. Issue is we are at the fringe of both of the marina’s wifi antennas, I have trouble getting a strong enough signal for WiFi connection. Range extenders didn’t work and signal was too week for a security camera.

hi,

first thanks for the info on coffee maker. it appears that you have somewhat the same as ours which died. yours appears to be an under cabinet mount. we're looking for a replacement and i've seen the under cabinets advertized, so i will investigate.

on another note, we used wifi boosters for years in the bahamas with really good results. we were getting weak sites from 7 miles away. now with that said this is before streaming.

I removed the two swing doors and the TV from the passage way between th Galley and V-berth. I installed an air fryer/convection oven/ toaster oven. I made a small shelf and mounted the oven to the shelve base. I allowed for an air gap all the way around and a gurd to confirm nothing would touch the back side of the oven. This is a counter top oven with no clearance restrictions but it does get warm.

Attachments

• IMG_3110.jpg
    IMG_3110.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3103.jpg
    IMG_3103.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3102.jpg
    IMG_3102.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3100.jpg
    IMG_3100.jpg